Boxing Day shoots

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Off to my favorite ground on Boxing Day - 

The Boleyn ground

Its a football thing :fie:

Small local 50 bird sporting £13. Nice friendly shoot: 

Three Lakes Gun Club

Fordehall Lane

Nr Tanworth in Arden 

Warwickshire 

Boxing Day Shoot and again on the 29th. 

All welcome. 

Maulden clay club ! 100 bird shoot , not sure of price but all ways a really good shoot .... :)

Might be a bit late in the day, but one for The Devon Boys and Girls.

Just found out Ashley Clay Shoot near Tiverton have got a 70 bird Sporting practice on (felt/fibre wads only) 10.00am to Mid-day.

Weather forecast looking good. Just might be tempted to blow the cobwebs out of my barrels.  :biggrin:

Anyone know if Willow Farm is open on Boxing Day?  If not I reckon it'll be Dartford for us.

I see the Hickstead shoot has now been flooded off! And after this great flurry of shoots after xmas, there is sweet FA on Sunday Jan 5th in the south.
 Barrow Heath has a 100ESP Reg on Sunday 5th Jan...........less that 1 hour from Jct 27 (M11 Northbound) from the M25.......

All things being well, I shall make this my first visit to BH

To blow away the Christmas blues, we are also having a 100 ESP Reg on MONDAY 30th December......... :santaclaus:   :santaclaus:

It's quite a week (potentially) after Xmas. Within 75 mins drive of me, there are 5 registered shoots on individual days, between 27th Dec and Jan 2nd.

Hickstead 27th

Weston 29th

Westfield 30th

Horne 1st

EJC 2nd
This isn't working out that well.. (Apart from lovely day at Weston)

Hickstead was canned due to being sub aquatic.

Westfield weather looked hideous this morning, so didn't go.

Horne looks to be in a washing machine on spin cycle.

Here's hoping for a break from the elements for Thursday at EJC!

. they have actually put Tarmac down inside now !! It supposed I be a horrible day then? Have u got to book on squads at ej church?

Oh really! Good stuff.

EJC is just turn up. Manned stands. 10-2pm entry. £150 HG.
I have never been to this ground but I could not see on the website whether it was ok to use plastic or is it a fibre ground?

Plastic is allowed for the registered shoots. Fibre for other practice.

The Churchill Challenge starts on Friday too. I suspect this will be 'fibre preferred' but not mandatory. Don't quote me! Need to find out..

Last edited by a moderator:
Plastic is allowed for the registered shoots. Fibre for other practice.

The Churchill Challenge starts on Friday too. I suspect this will be 'fibre preferred' but not mandatory. Don't quote me! Need to find out..
Thanks Clever :)

Back