bloody distractions

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't you hate that when you cant get to it.  I had a biting bug go up the leg of my shorts at Southdown a few weeks back, chaos ensued.
                                  :hyper:

Did you show everyone the bug to verify your claim?

So you were the yapping distraction that all the wimps are whining about?

:thumbsup:

I still love you     :hug:
I actually can ignore yappers and I always whisper if I am near someone shooting, I don't  need to be their excuse for missing ????

Not quite the same but whilst shooting on Sunday phil had a bad stand, on coming out of stand, the guy behind him said "well, that's just f****d your card up", he couldn't believe it (didn't know the guy at all) it completely threw him and then missed a few on next stand as he was still thinking about it. Same guy then said "you was a bit slow on that 'B' bird". Luckily we only had 1 more stand to shoot so we ran to get there before he followed us!!!!

Not quite the same but whilst shooting on Sunday phil had a bad stand, on coming out of stand, the guy behind him said "well, that's just f****d your card up", he couldn't believe it (didn't know the guy at all) it completely threw him and then missed a few on next stand as he was still thinking about it. Same guy then said "you was a bit slow on that 'B' bird". Luckily we only had 1 more stand to shoot so we ran to get there before he followed us!!!!
I often come out of a stand saying "well, that's just f*****d your card up".  Not about anyone else, though.

I'm sure he was just trying to lighten the mood of the situation and help out.  I mean, people are so so unappreciative of the interest that others take in their performance and offers of assistance.   :pleasantry:

I personally loathe unsolicited coaching. There are those who simply can't resist telling me where I'm going wrong, and do it ostentatiously. I genuinely don't know if they think they are doing me a favour or if they are doing it to irritate, either way I really wish they wouldn't. It's especially galling if they do it during a competition.

I personally loathe unsolicited coaching. There are those who simply can't resist telling me where I'm going wrong, and do it ostentatiously. I genuinely don't know if they think they are doing me a favour or if they are doing it to irritate, either way I really wish they wouldn't. It's especially galling if they do it during a competition.
Your behind it!

I often come out of a stand saying "well, that's just f*****d your card up".  Not about anyone else, though.
I do too, really beat myself up sometimes for missing certain targets but like you, that's for my ears only and I would never dream of saying it to a shooter coming off a stand, even if I did know them.

I do too, really beat myself up sometimes for missing certain targets but like you, that's for my ears only and I would never dream of saying it to a shooter coming off a stand, even if I did know them.
It's about myself, but normally loud enough for anyone behind me to hear.

As an aside, I think I had a brief chat with your OH at the last Churchill Registered shoot.  He commiserated over my inability to hit an overhead target until the last pair.

It's about myself, but normally loud enough for anyone behind me to hear.

As an aside, I think I had a brief chat with your OH at the last Churchill Registered shoot.  He commiserated over my inability to hit an overhead target until the last pair.
Yes, he was there with some friends. He's quite approachable and handy for advice so don't hesitate to ask him if your not sure!

Clearly you're the one with the problem.  Well, two actually.  You have a bad attitude and you're missing targets.  I mean, you should welcome some assistance and be a nicer person.  Look at the gains I've made personally since I decided to become a perfectly lovely person. 

:whistle:

Clearly you're the one with the problem.  Well, two actually.  You have a bad attitude and you're missing targets.  I mean, you should welcome some assistance and be a nicer person.  Look at the gains I've made personally since I decided to become a perfectly lovely person. 

:whistle:
Christmas card list duly amended...

Think my answer would have been it was f****d already and I would probably have been telling the truth

Latest posts

Back