Blaser F3 What do owners really think!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andypandy

Hi all you Blaser owners.  Please, what do you really think? I thinking of trading in my Kemen (I just fancy a change) for a F3.  Mulliners have a Pro Trap 32" with an adj stock or do I need a vantage?  I do like a trap stocks, sporting stocks all seem very low to me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Love my F3 and its now 10 years old and still never missed a beat.From what I remember of using a keman(1999) your probably used to a steady moving gun so will need the barrel weights,i would go to doveridge and have a go of the demo Blasers premier guns have in.

I used one for a month and really liked it. The barrel weights are a great idea, but once fixed, make sure they are tight. I would Loctite them. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had mine since February this year and it still gives me a smile when i use it, great bit of kit but as Will says make sure the barrel weights are tight

Cheers fellas for the replies, once we're back from our holidays I'm going to pop across to premier guns to have a look.  As to the barrel weights I like the idea,  as for your experience Paul, it must of been a one off, mine moves like lightning, if the barrels were any lighter they would float off on their own. :lol:  

I love mine to bits. It has taken me a while to adjust to the high rib - I purchased it to solve my head lifting trait on the second clay and no problem since. As everyone else has said, loctite the barrel weight screws as they work loose on a regular basis. The rest of the gun brings a smile every time I use it - it is far, far better than me that's for sure.

I love mine to bits and would struggle to switch to anything else now.

I changed from the regular flat-rib F3 Pro to an F3 Supersport at the start of March which only keeps my head on the gun but makes target aquisition much easier.

Fully adjustable rib, stock weights, barrel weights, and comb makes it so you can have the gun exactly how you want it.

Im even having an Egosign Evocomp adjustable stock made for mine at the moment.

I love mine to bits. It has taken me a while to adjust to the high rib - I purchased it to solve my head lifting trait on the second clay and no problem since. As everyone else has said, loctite the barrel weight screws as they work loose on a regular basis. The rest of the gun brings a smile every time I use it - it is far, far better than me that's for sure.
Have had F3 over 8 years my view on the barrel weights is from experience ? get some screws made of better material , dont lock tight existing screws !! I would advise barrel weights are removed regularly as moisture can and does build up behind them ? maybe from condensation, or whatever !! and can rust quickly ? keep a check on it ???  

I have only had mine a few weeks, got it back from the gunsmith last sat after having the stock extened and an Isis xpad fitted. Shot a 100bird sporting Sunday and really liked it. 

I have wanted one a long time and exchanged 5 of my gun to get it, was it worth it, I think so. Comes up lovely, just feels right. Scores were the same as with my sv10 but i feel more confident shooting with it and have no doubt that my scores will improve once I put a few more cart through it. 

Bring on the British open!!!

as for the barrel weight screws I will check them every time I put the gun away to make sure they aren't shooting loose and take them off when cleaning to check for rust. I don't like the idea of gluing them and can't be bothered to get new screws made. May change my mind tho. 

I have only had mine a few weeks, got it back from the gunsmith last sat after having the stock extened and an Isis xpad fitted. Shot a 100bird sporting Sunday and really liked it. 

I have wanted one a long time and exchanged 5 of my gun to get it, was it worth it, I think so. Comes up lovely, just feels right. Scores were the same as with my sv10 but i feel more confident shooting with it and have no doubt that my scores will improve once I put a few more cart through it. 

Bring on the British open!!!

as for the barrel weight screws I will check them every time I put the gun away to make sure they aren't shooting loose and take them off when cleaning to check for rust. I don't like the idea of gluing them and can't be bothered to get new screws made. May change my mind tho. 
I am an every-time gun cleaner, so just checking the screws worked fine for me. They don't shake loose in minutes..

The barrel weight screws should not be a problem, if they are a bit soft there's plenty of places that sell stainless replacements and if you use a small drop of loctite 222 it's not really like gluing them in! 

I really, really like my F3. I have been shooting various Berettas for the past few years ending with the 692. As soon as I picked up the F3 I shot better with it (both the 692 & F3 have adjustable cheek pieces so fit was not an issue) which is not something that usually happens when picking up a new gun. Obviously the balance can be set where you like it and mine balances around the same as the 692 but there is more inertia in the swing so it is smoother for me. Different guns suit different people but this one suits me.

A minor thing I really like is the fact that the ejectors are set when you open the gun so there is no effort involved in closing the gun, just a quiet thunk. Blaser advertise this as a feature, implying that the quiet, easy closing helps you focus on the clay. I took this with a huge pinch of salt but actually, it really is nice to be smooth and gentle when preparing for the shot.

Tiny things in the big scheme of things but they've made a noticeable difference to my shooting. The only thing I'd change is the all-black action, I'm not a fan of the austere look really. Maybe a Supersport Luxus next!

I really like the plain action to, I've never been too worried about engraving.

Best bit about the Supersport is the floating barrels similar to what Kreighoff have.  Not sure why they haven't done this on the F3 Pro or Vantage though?

Probably because it's a bit of an "extreme" look that is not as suited to the more mainstream club shooters. I like the supersport but it's a far cry from the sort of classic style or sporter that I'm used to. just found it to much of a leap of faith to buy one although I was tempted. 

Back