Blaser F3 thoughts, issues and advice

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cant disagree with that bud, Cant fault the build quality, lock up etc,  But the new prices are as you say.
There’s no doubt the DT11’s a nice gun from a handling point of view. My confidence in a gun stems largely from its feel and I generally know within 25 targets if it’s right for me. I had the luxury of back to back testing several DT11 trap guns a few months back. All nice but the basic DT11 felt best, surprisingly with 30” barrels.

What did disappoint me a little was the finish. Accepting these were GMK hacks the wood to metal fit wasn’t brilliant. The blue action motifs (which I’ve never really liked) were fading too. I don’t remember seeing such issues with the DT10.

Although not really relevant as the stock would be replaced with a custom version, the pattern was a little plain. I’m not necessarily one for fancy wood but I would expect better from a £9000 gun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very happy with my G4 F16 although at less than a month in, still in the honeymoon period!

The supplied flush chokes seem to throw some decent patterns too, hit some rangey targets at Kegworth last weekend with 2 x 1/4’s and 8s. 

Just ordered a pair of extended Teague (2 x 1/4) just to protect the barrel end…..

I have an F3 Vantage, 32", non adjustable.  They are beautifully made bits of kit.  Ian Mulliner is a lovely chap and the service is excellent which included brand new replacement barrels earlier this year (the rib solder between the barrels under the fore end was failing) for a gun that was purchased in 2015.

I would add that whilst some would feel that a gun that comes with barrel weights and a stock butt balancer is a good thing there's still no substitute for making something 'right' in the 1st place as is the case with my MX12 action HPX Perazzi.  The F3 only gets to see daylight when the weather indicates taking the P gun out would be a mortal sin. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back