Blaser F3 issues

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmudge

Can anyone in the know please let me know of any potential issues that should be looked out for when considering used F3s please?

For example, in terms of age, is there a cut off after which the guns are free from any reported issues?  For any made before that date, it would be useful to know what issues have been encountered and if they should have been fixed under guarantee (and how I can check if such work was done).

I read somewhere that the guns come with a 10 year warranty, but it wasn't clear if that transferred to subsequent owners - if anyone has any experience of this, I'd be interested to hear also.

Cheers!

In the first couple of years there were some mods needed but with the warranty any issues will have got fixed by now.My f3 is one of the early ones and after the mods were instaled it has never let me down,if you have any concerns just drop a message in to robert at blaser uk and im sure he will help.The warranty is not transferable but if its well used any issues would of been fixed.

Can anyone in the know please let me know of any potential issues that should be looked out for when considering used F3s please?

For example, in terms of age, is there a cut off after which the guns are free from any reported issues?  For any made before that date, it would be useful to know what issues have been encountered and if they should have been fixed under guarantee (and how I can check if such work was done).

I read somewhere that the guns come with a 10 year warranty, but it wasn't clear if that transferred to subsequent owners - if anyone has any experience of this, I'd be interested to hear also.

Cheers!
There were several issues with earlier guns the majority of which should have been rectified under warranty. The best person to contact is Ian Mulliner, he did a lot of the modification and will have a record if he worked on the gun that you are considering buying.

If the gun has had the appropriate upgrades the parts will be stamped with a number. Ian will be able to tell from this if the work has been done.

Might be a daft question but - if I were to buy a new 1 would it have the req'd mods done or is it "likely" to let me down ??

Might be a daft question but - if I were to buy a new 1 would it have the req'd mods done or is it "likely" to let me down ??
The last major mod was to the firing pins and top lever spindle in 2011 so the answer to your question is no it is no more likely to let you down than any other gun.

Thanks - I was going to borrow the 1 from York Guns a couple of weeks ago but didn't get there in the end (busy playing with a RR Evoque Demo) - it's now sold - I'm going to try 1 up at Bywell (hopefully) over the Euro DTL Weekend & take it from there - I've seen a couple advertised 2nd hand for around £4.5k but I think I'd rather pay the bit extra & know what it's done, where it's been, how it's been treated & have a 10 year warranty

The rib is inclined to move. I've know two people with F3s and they both had this apparently rare issue.

Thanks for the info - do you know if the guns have had to be returned for this to be rectified ?

Thanks for the info - do you know if the guns have had to be returned for this to be rectified ?
One went to the gunsmith twice and was finally sent back to Blaser don't know about the other one. But the owner loved that Blaser so much they considered it worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks - I'll speak to Blaser before parting with any ££'s ;)

Other than the reliability issues tghat have now been sorted, What are the other differences between a new Blaser and a new one? 

Did the older ones come with the same chokes, Balance weights etc?

Thanks - I was going to borrow the 1 from York Guns a couple of weeks ago but didn't get there in the end (busy playing with a RR Evoque Demo) - it's now sold - I'm going to try 1 up at Bywell (hopefully) over the Euro DTL Weekend & take it from there - I've seen a couple advertised 2nd hand for around £4.5k but I think I'd rather pay the bit extra & know what it's done, where it's been, how it's been treated & have a 10 year warranty
The gun is not at York Guns because it was sent to my local dealer for one of their customers to try out. I actually saw the gun on Tuesday, it's very nice. It was being returned to York Guns as the customer didn't buy it so they wouldn't have received it back until yesterday at the earliest.

Can't imagine they sold it that quickly. I would have another word with them.

Other than the reliability issues tghat have now been sorted, What are the other differences between a new Blaser and a new one? 

Finish and stock configuration mainly. 

The gun is not at York Guns because it was sent to my local dealer for one of their customers to try out. I actually saw the gun on Tuesday, it's very nice. It was being returned to York Guns as the customer didn't buy it so they wouldn't have received it back until yesterday at the earliest.

Can't imagine they sold it that quickly. I would have another word with them.
Thanks for the info - I'll speak with them on Saturday.

The early models have no provision for barrel weights and have a different angle on the "bite" and the rib is removable, the bead is also welded onto the rib.

Later models have 12 degrees stamped near the bite.

They only came with two chokes when I bought my first one.

I put 750 cartridges through an old F3 Luxus 29.5ins at the weekend and it never missed a beat. It hadn't had the best of attention by the look of it but it worked faultlessly, the ejectors are fantastic, the action is smooth and the trigger pulls are in the Perazzi class believe it or not. Nothing not to like in my opinion.

The early models have no provision for barrel weights and have a different angle on the "bite" and the rib is removable, the bead is also welded onto the rib.

Later models have 12 degrees stamped near the bite.

They only came with two chokes when I bought my first one.
Are the older guns not a little lighter as well ?

Latest posts

Back