Blaser F16

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strange, as on my squad last Thursday there were two F3 users who used to have DT11's and found they kicked like mules and found them virtually unusable even when professionally fitted.  So is this about how you hold the gun?  How come one person finds gun X a real kicker and another gun Y but not the other way round?  Is it the carts they're using or some kind of weird way that the energy interacts with the shooter's shoulder and dissipates through their body, or how tender their shoulder is? (Have they been shooting a lot recently).  And the same with cartridges come to that.

Have shot the F3 since they came out the first time on and off, due to early reliability issues moved to Beretta DT10 Trident and ASE both these guns shot fine but none of them had any less recoil than the F3 infact I would say once the recoil pad of the F3 was changed to a gel pad it probably, is one of the softest guns to shoot recoil wise...cartridge choice can have some effect, but gun fit and shooting style are more than likely to be the reason , dropping the elbow and increasing the grip pressure of the right hand ( right hand shooter ) can positively connect the gun to the shooter and can the hand its self absorb some of the bump ...this on the F3 is easy to do, due to its stock grip profile ...have often wondered if you took 5 identical guns to 5 gun fitters , get them fitted , and then have all 5 measured what would the differences be  ?? 

a proven style and technique needs to be achieved then adjust the gun to fine tune that ?  personally have gone back to F3 pro and use the  Guerini ascent semi high rib for a bit of trap ..never felt any recoil with either and both have been cut to 5deg negative pitch at butt and have had Beretta gel pads fitted ..

I have looked at a F16 seems a lot of gun for the money these days ??  :)

Gun weight is the main deciding factor in recoil, shells have a bearing too of course as does gun fit but the latter would have to be monumentally off to make a soft gun into a mule. All things being equal, they will all kick the same in a blind test and I would put money on that, brand has nothing to do with it. 

Gun weight is the main deciding factor in recoil, shells have a bearing too of course as does gun fit but the latter would have to be monumentally off to make a soft gun into a mule. All things being equal, they will all kick the same in a blind test and I would put money on that, brand has nothing to do with it. 
That is a totally flawed summary of the situation because as you well know ... choke, back boring of barrels and of course double kick afterburners all have a profound effect on the recoil of a shotgun :) :)  

.. choke, back boring of barrels and of course double kick afterburners all have a profound effect on the recoil of a shotgun :) :)  
John, you're just an old cynic!!!  Like most of us miserable old gits!  :lol:

I got rid of a 692 sporter to pick up the F16. Basically, I just find that like the F3 the 16 just goes where I want it without me thinking about it. With the 692 I missed a lot of shots and my thought was "why was the gun over there?" Each to their own of course, there is no "best" gun, it's all about what you like and what shoots well your your style, shape, fit, size etc.

Back