Bisley Live

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
£20 for a 25 bird Pool shoot? What was the prize, a holiday? I was talking to a friend today who went there with his wife and he said much the same, very quiet and what's worse is that the gun stall staff weren't too friendly either. Apparently you had to look well heeled or they could'nt be botherd to let you handle a Perazzi etc./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-confused.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-embarassed.gif It never ceases to amaze me how clueless some can be, I mean just look at wine bars for instance, what do they do to pull the crowds in? That's right, cheap drinks; restaurants run similar tricks, early bird or lunch-time menu etc, even e-bay e-mails you constantly with zero insertion fee teasers. What do Bisley do, yes let's promote ourselves with a big bang..............£22 entry just about guarantees poor attendance.

I didn't go - mainly because after promoting the show through my site, I still had to pay for tickets - there were no press passes (which is the reverse of the CLA - where they wouldn't give me tickets to give away - but they provided two press passes so that I could review the show).I'm not surprised that people baulked at paying £22 for the opportunity of spending much more money - current climate notwithstanding, they could have levied a few quid off some of high attraction priceses to net/net the entrance fee out.I really would have liked to see the demonstrations - I heard George Digweed gave a great demo - buy I'm not paying to see those, and promote a show I probably would have spent money at. Shame I thought the idea was strong.

£22! Not a chance would I spend that (not that I could go anyway). They must be mad. And £20 for the pool shoot? Someone's been on something, and too much of it at that. Sounds like it will die a death to me.

Back