Bisley ESP reg 27.7.14

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to clarify the shoot will be at Cottesloe Heath which is the layout behind the clocktower. This is used constantly by BSG and is where all their instruction and corporate events take place. They also do their monthly club shoots here or at their Pay & Play range which is called Long Siberia.

Entry is £38 comp, £33 targets only. Junior entry is £35 comp and £30 targets only. Their monthly clubshoot costs £43 for non-members of BSG so registered entry fee is ok if you ask me!

William Evans Gunshop (next to BSG Clubhouse) who are sponsoring the High Gun prizes are open on Sunday's from 9am - 3pm if anyone needs to get Fibre wads for the shoot.

See you there.....

Richard

PS I shoot Hull Sovereign Fibres, 1500fps and 5% antimony and they are great!

Trust me, it has taken along time to get this date in the diary so better late than never :nyam:

In the plastic/fibre debate - I found this quite interesting:

http://www.shotgun-insight.com/fibreVsPlasticSporterShells.html
Patterns aren't really the issue these days. Especially if you have a m/c gun as 1/4 choke change cures most of the difference. The point with fibres are that the majority of comp shooters don't have them in stock and object to paying less than the 1000 rate to buy just a few. So 100 decent quality fibres (that match plas pattern quality) can end up being 40% more than the plas, for one shoot. Also they have more recoil and leave the gun dirty.

Last edited by a moderator:
a bit off topic, many years ago, 80's!  a guy named Mel Haynes shot skeet in SA,, his cartridge was  Russian  made (apartheid times!)  it was a no 9,, with a clear plastic window and a roll crimp. the 'shot' was 2mm wire cut off at 2mm long!! had a good spread!!!  was also fibre I'm sure,,,was a while ago, tho'.

oops,, did mean to add this above 45 to the spreader load thread!!!

getting on a bit,,,, :fie:  dammit.

Unfortunately like Mainstone Hill (Pirbright) on the hill opposite the site is classified as one of Special Scientific Interest - Triple rating - so Natural England now demand that only fibre wads are used. At Pirbright we have had to have organized clean ups so the ground can stay open. Just give them a chance otherwise it could be another ground under threat. They put on some great targets and the natural landscape gives a great backdrop and sense of perspective unlike some others (Don't wish to be controversial on that point but I need something to gauge the target against).

Latest posts

Back