Beware the man with one gun....

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve got to the age where carrying 17 pounds of guns around just to swap for a laugh would bugger me up for shooting . However I’m glad I’ve got two , as on Sunday I’m doing a driven clay day ( a lot I bid on in a charity auction )  , and have been told a selective shooter will use 250 cartridges ...  I doubt I can use the 38 trap  all day at  that rate , so the lightweight action k80 will be favourite .  

I've got a B525, I usually hit more than 60%, and I genuinely can't see me changing for anything else really as it's just fun for me and that does the job! Hopefully, I'll get more & more accustomed to it and my score will improve through a little practice, more general shooting and a touch of familiarity. :)

FEAR ME!!!!

:D
My second gun (and first one for competition clays) was a B525. In hindsight I wish I had sorted a good recoil pad and continued with it, rather than wasting time and money on a K80..

...but there will be others who shone wildly and more radiantly with that K80, and that's the joy of sports & hobbies such as these, you simply can't tell someone what the best thing to use is. :)

Most of the guitars I generally play are a specific make, but I have a Fender Strat tucked in for good measure which is an absolute dream to play and it's one of my favourites (whereas I've played others which are complete toilet...quality control from year to year!), but my mate much prefers his Fender Tele. Neither of us will agree the other's is best,... although his is obviously for girls. :D

.  but I have a Fender Strat ……. which is an absolute dream to play and it's one of my favourites ………….but my mate much prefers his Fender Tele. Neither of us will agree the other's is best,... although his is obviously for girls. :D
Haha, don't you just love the b@nter you get with boys and their toys - or should I suggest a gender neutral pronoun! 

I’ve got to the age where carrying 17 pounds of guns around just to swap for a laugh would bugger me up for shooting . However I’m glad I’ve got two , as on Sunday I’m doing a driven clay day ( a lot I bid on in a charity auction )  , and have been told a selective shooter will use 250 cartridges ...  I doubt I can use the 38 trap  all day at  that rate , so the lightweight action k80 will be favourite .  
isnt putting 250 shells through a light weight going to give you a hammering though ?? either way enjoy the day 👍

There’s light and there is light . My lightweight Krieghoff is over seven and a half pounds ☹️ ! I’ve never shot 250 shells in day so it certainly will be a learning curve . Apparently 4000  midi clays over 8 guns spread over various  “drives “ . 

My second gun (and first one for competition clays) was a B525. In hindsight I wish I had sorted a good recoil pad and continued with it, rather than wasting time and money on a K80..
Thanks for that. I only own one shotgun (still fairly new in clayshooting), MK38 trap. Have a and isis xpad on it. And i feel I have a shotgun I can shoot for many years.

Lars

I only own one shotgun …….And i feel I have a shotgun I can shoot for many years.

Lars
It is interesting, I think I am an experimenter and I am intrigued by different things, hence I have owned several shotguns in the last 5 years since I started shooting and I like to try different things. I now mainly use 3 guns. Last week was the B725, this week in a field will be the semi auto [fibre and yes all carts are picked up] and next I'll shoot my first gun the MK60 which I still love to shoot despite many saying you will change you gun in the first year.  

Can't imagine ever having just one gun. That is probably why I am an average shooter, but I really enjoy shooting especially with friends/family.

I've only been at it just over 2 years.

started with a B725 then just before Xmas I started being given guns by a friend who sadly passed awaymiddle of  last month.

i now have 6 on my 'ticket'. I shoot badly with some and worse with the others. I know it's only a case of 'hold the thick end and point the thin end'...but nobody seems to have told that to,the clays!

anyway, just off to waste another 100. It's 3° raining, windy and I don't care. Well even sit out in the rain after the first round and have a brew; must be hooked😂

anyway, just off to waste another 100. It's 3° raining, windy and I don't care. Well even sit out in the rain after the first round and have a brew; must be hooked😂
You appear to be suffering some sort of dementia.  You may want to consider some professional counseling. 

You appear to be suffering some sort of dementia.  You may want to consider some professional counseling. 
:lol:  may I ask which state you are from Mr. Sane

Imagine that you live in this cold, wet little island, you are at work all week and desperately looking forward to a bit of shooting at the weekend. If you stayed at home due to a poor weather forecast you would miss out on about 25% of your shooting. Some WILL stay at home but not the likes of Diver 1(or me!)

You'll notice NorCal on the member thingie.  That means Northern California usually.  Lovely as England is I have to readily admit that living there would be impossible for me.  My personal Hell would be cold and wet hahaha.  Not that it doesn't get that way here too, as it is right now, but it doesn't persist year 'round.  If it did I'd be in Arizona full time.

My comment was  :poke: and not intended as a serious appraisal of someone's condition ................ tho ..................

My previous hobby was Diving. I was also a mixed Gas Diving Instructor. Water wasn't really an issue, almost essential 

Back