Beverley CTC - 100 ESP (Reg) 30 December

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAVE_B

Hi Everyone,

My wife and I are, as some of you know, pretty new to the sport but having been getting out and about shooting both registered and non-registered shoots coupled with lessons etc. etc. Loving every minute of the sport. We are based down in Buckinghamshire but find that we are going to be visiting East Yorkshire (Driffield) over the New Year break. We have decided to shoot the Registered ESP shoot on Sunday 30th December at Beverley CTC and wondered if there were any forum members who may be there and fancy saying hi and possibly sharing a coffee and if you can put up with newbies doing a round.

We hope to get there around 10:30.

Hope we might catch up with some of you, if not a heads up on the level of the shoot and the ground would be appreciated.

David

Hi, might well be up for joining you for this, however I'm probably equally as inexperienced as yourselves as long as that isn't a problem?

Regards

Andy

I might Shoot this if the plans I've already made crumble into the dirt, like they seem to be doing.

Looking like I'll be shooting this one. I can't PM anyone as I've not done ten posts yet :p

I'll have to hurl abuse at some of the Plobs I know on here to build my post count up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking like I'll be shooting this one. I can't PM anyone as I've not done ten posts yet :p

I'll have to hurl abuse at some of the Plobs I know on here to build my post count up.
Let the abuse commence! Tosser

Mr Potter (Proud to be a Plob)

Hah! So that's what they mean when they mention Bi-focal?

Anni, Mr. Potter,

Alan Carr (Chatty Man) lives in Manchester perhaps he can answer all your questions about abuse and opticians?

What's wrong with Eley's?

I've always had a good bang with them.

We made it to Beverley to find a very warm welcome and a challenging series of 100 birds across 12 stands. Unfortunately due to the recent adverse weather recently the stands were all in the trap area which made for a lot of similar targets favouring the trap shooters (particularly the skeet shoot, of which we are not, YET!).

Having said all of that the series was fun and achievable and, although for us quite difficult, well worth the visit.

I am not that knowledgeable but would say it is probably one of the best trap based Shooting Ground with multiple skeet, DTL undercover x2, and many more options. Sporting is a bit of an after thought but still very enjoyable.

As I have said already, very friendly people both in the office and at the stands.

If we were travelling through this area again we would not hesitate to visit again.

Latest posts

Back