best semi auto shot

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It doesn't really matter.  What suits someone else may well not suit you.

Go to a reputable dealer and try a few.  It's a very subjective thing.  

If you're talking about the major makes then quality is there, but feel and fit is down to you.

If you look at two of the major champs ( Beretta world and benelli) a lot of top boys bring out their Beretta autos and do well with them .yes they have talent too. How do Myers,blocky and a few others switch from using a brick bat k - gun to a 391 or similar with such apparent ease? :)

An american also did quite well with one in Dubai. Can't remember his name or the gun , but someone will enlighten us .

I recently treated myself to a Beretta A400 Xcel which I seem to be shooting quite well with.

From what I gather most semis come with a shim system which allows the shooter to adjust the cast and drop etc so 'in theory' you should be able to make it it fit you.

Having said that, there's nothing to beat picking up one or two and seeing which one feels best to you.

I had a Beretta auto years ago, worked well can't remember it ever jamming! You could buy excentric washers to alter the drop at the comb, but you have to be handy with a stanley knife to adjust the wood to action fit!

The beretta A 400 is a fine completion gun, bought one myself last year to shoot some of the auto shoots for a bit of fun,

Unfortunately the trigger pull on mine was nearly 6lb, I rang GMK to see if they could adjust it to the 3lb I was used to with my o/u

The chap there told me they all had strong trigger pulls and altering it would perhaps make it double discharge on recycling

So regretfully sold it a month after purchase, as on pulling the trigger I was pulling off the line of the target

Had a few beretta autos over the years and shot well with most of em.

So now I'm looking for a nice second hand 391 or tenkys gold to shoot pigeons, and the odd auto comp

I've just bought a Fabarm velocity 32 inch high rib and a right blast. my over and under hasn't been out for a while! A great gun.

Cart wise if you avoid carts under 70mm then should have no problems with whatever you use. Some semis don't like the shorter carts.

Last edited by a moderator:
A 1993 Remmy 1100. Has a skeet barrel and a full choke 28" barell.  Great fun to shoot with and no noticable recoil. 

My 391 Optima Gold has not been cleaned since I got it in 2003. It has shot in the worst possible weather and will throw both light training loads and heave goose steel loads in the same spot, more or less! I had the trigger done by Cole at 3 lbs. it is a superior design to the 303 series and a step up on the 390.

Henry

My 391 Optima Gold has not been cleaned since I got it in 2003. It has shot in the worst possible weather and will throw both light training loads and heave goose steel loads in the same spot, more or less! I had the trigger done by Cole at 3 lbs. it is a superior design to the 303 series and a step up on the 390.

Henry
I will take the 390 Henry.

If you cannot hit the clays with an over and under a semi auto won't help ,you are not getting pain when you shoot only the day after

You will still shoot crap but your neck might not hurt so much

End result more alcohol will be needed to drown your sorrows

Do some neck exercises build it up, all that work has left you with a wobbly head !

Deershooter

oops sorry replied to wrong thread, what an arse :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back