Best Hardy Leather Gunslip

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you oil your barrels then put gun in the gunslip or after a wet shoot spray barrels then take gun home in slip the oil rots the end cap, the stitching, as well as getting it wet rots it. I always put a folded piece of cloth inside the cap. You will be suprised how oily / dirty it gets.

I`ve heard good things about Ogdens Shooting Supplies gear being up to snuff from other people.Have a Croots canvas & leather slip and don`t think the leather quality is very good tbh.

Another vote for Croots, suspect from what I have seen and heard of the company they would be horrified if that happened to one of their slips!

I am sorry to say that I know of many Croots failures, especially the bottom block stitching ( yes water / oil rot and neglect are probably the real culprit) but addressing this issue like the ones I have made in Walsall at near half the cost , has to be value for money. If you want a beautiful gunslip try Albion also made in Walsall, quality but expensive.

Back