Beretta purchase Holland &Holland

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonz

Just had email from Beretta to inform that they have purchased Holland & Holland including the shooting ground. Wonder what that will bring to the the shooting world.

Hopefully lots of good things ?

Known about this for a long time. Hopefully it gets modernised with the heritage held on to. 

I heard (unreliably) that the massive investment made at the shooting ground was rather uncomfortable timing just as COVID hit the high end corporate, instruction for game and leisure side of shooting very hard, which is all they do there. An amazing place I gather, I’ve not been even though it isn’t far. 

Took clients there for a corporate day a couple of years go. Fantastic modern building with great facilities.  Thought the instruction wasn't as good as at West London Shooting School, where we had an event the previous year, but the lunch was much better.  

Shot there several times back in the 70's. I think the last time was the Queens Jubilee year, the Met. Police held a shoot there and the Army did the catering. 50 birds in the morning off several stands and then an epic 50 bird 'walked up' in the afternoon. The shoots always commenced with the firing of the cannon. I intended to go back there as it was such an enjoyable ground, especially the walked up section. Back then, the 'Ref' would pull a cord concealed in the undergrowth to 'fire' the trap (all manual of course). An astute shooter would try to watch the Ref as he bent down to pick up the cord, prior to pulling it. This gave you the chance to transfer the weight to the front foot in a degree of readiness, all good stuff. Especially with 32 gram loads, usually Winnie AA's. I really must try and fulfill that dream of going back before I drop off my twig.  Remember going to a hotel near Heathrow for a drink afterwards £1.50 a pint of beer and that was in the 70's.  That was almost the cost of a box of cartridges...................I'd better get saving   !   😂        

Felt like a weird buy for Chanel at the time ...

Great ground, had a gun fit there when they used to do their ½ price  lesson (still £200), interesting place and really nice guys coaching, hope they stay on.

Struggle to see how this won’t be for the better...

Ive cancelled my pair on order
Why? The whole idea is a purchase “as is” and possibly a merger of sorts. No detriment to existing orders and likely more ‘security’ in terms of the company’s funding till whatever delivery date. 

Back