Beretta adjustable comb side screw

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Namrick in Hove. Amazon. Google is thine friend. 

I might have a couple knocking around in the drawers in the garage but to be honest It would take longer to find them that to get them posted by Namrick.

It's an Italian gun, the grubscrew will be Metric.

If it uses a 3mm key then its an M6 grub screw.

You need to measure the length and diameter of the screw for a start. ( In metric )

Look at this ( pot luck )  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Screws-Metric-Thread-Stainless-Socket/dp/B00B3TBXQM

and this M6 * 5

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Screw-Stainless-Socket-Screws-Delivery/dp/B009ZSOCB6/ref=sr_1_1?s=diy&ie=UTF8&qid=1459582169&sr=1-1&keywords=m6+grub+screw

and this M5 * 6

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Screws-Stainless-Socket-Setscrew/dp/B00KM4U4LY/ref=sr_1_3?s=diy&ie=UTF8&qid=1459582230&sr=1-3&keywords=m5+grub+screw

and this M4 * 6

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Screws-Point-Stainless-Socket-Setscrew/dp/B00KM4RAGQ/ref=sr_1_3?s=diy&ie=UTF8&qid=1459582347&sr=1-3&keywords=m4+grub+screw

All those are in stainless so wont corrode.

Cheers Nim, thanks for trying mate, Seen all them but unfortunately they aren't right. Many thanks to 'Battue' for identifying the clamp pad screw! Which is a good start!

i will say thanks to everyone trying to help and that this forum is great on so many levels but it's the helpful nature of all the participants that make it good to be a part of!

@BN what kind of Beretta is it? My local gunsmith reckons he probably has one or two of the right type in his odds and ends box, but wanted more details. Is the adjustable comb factory fitted or aftermarket? Can you post some dimensions of the screw in question, please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beretta 692 factory B-fast adjustable stock. Requires 3.0mm Allen key. Screw approx 10mm length, approx 6mm width

Went to Hodnet Saturday, mentioned your issue .

Not a problem at all could have one out of a new gun , pay for the replacement and order from GMK whose parts service is fantastic. If you can ? speak to Gordon Swatton at GMK service department , nothing is too much trouble for Gordon.

It also really does me make me fear for the future of Gt.Britain that you cannot find a suitable part from an engineers supplier?

It is just so easy to order the part from a Beretta stockist , then get any engineer to make a suitable threaded plug to allow you to use the gun whilst you wait for the correct part to arrive.

As previously stated spoke to GMK as the first port of call who have been completely unhelpful! in all departments. In fact the last person I spoke to was borderline rude and ignorant and gave the clear impression that my telephone call was too much bother!  Frankly they pale in comparison to all the efforts people have gone to on this forum to assist, which is really appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
As previously stated spoke to GMK as the first port of call who have been completely unhelpful! in all departments. In fact the last person I spoke to was borderline rude and ignorant and gave the clear impression that my telephone call was too much bother!  Frankly they pale in comparison to all the efforts people have gone to on this forum to assist, which is really appreciated.
I don't disbelieve you but personally, at any level, whether it's business, hobby or out shopping I make a point of drawing the line at poor attitude, you owe it to the firm to bring this to their attention by being abrupt and rude back in kind. It only takes one or two people to stand up to scrotums before they get the message which is in their best interest too ultimately. 

Never forget the day I told a rude customer to fekk off after I had politely twice even offered to park their car in the allocated spot instead of the display area, an hour later he was back in reception and looked fairly calm. 

GMK workshop either can't or wont name the screw! Absolutely ridiculous! Bunch of useless C word plural' (self censored remembered forum rules just in time)!

I acknowledge my school boy error in not going round with a bunch of Allen keys and a full spanner set tightening every nut bolt and screw before shooting each stand but it makes you wonder what happens if they lose one in the workshop! Do they replace the whole mechanism, leave the customer waiting for weeks without their gun, or return it as is and any issues later is the customers fault? Think I know the answer!

Rant over! 
GMK are special.....specially sh*te!!

I recall you live in Essex somewhere so if I were you I'd try  http://www.modern-screws.co.uk/ who are based on the outskirts of Bexley village, about 10 mins from Dartford Clay Shooting. I lost my grubber with a similar Beretta and they had just the thing in stock!  MM

Have you called the company i gave you that stocks these particular type of fastener? 

Hey BTC, had planned to message you when I got to Royston but battery died thought I had spare charger in the car but thought wrong. Couldn't remember who you said to ask for at Nuthampstead either just goes with the rest of my luck . Cie la vie! 

However the ground was very busy with pre-practice for a competition they were holding yesterday. Everyone friendly and Didnt mind a newbie shooting a few rounds of OT which was fun for a first try. Definitely intend to go up there again. 

Battue! Tried WDS they had nowt in stock but can order a couple in Which will take a couple of weeks. If they can get them it's still half the turn around time of GMK!

6mmx9.5mm grub screw easily available ignore the moving bottom bit it's doing sweet feck all!

get a normal flat bottomed one pop it in jobs a good un don't use a pointed one!

top tip bee's wax your stock get some in them holes!

IMG_4454.jpg

Have you called the company i gave you that stocks these particular type of fastener? 
Many thanks Battue WDS did in 1 week what GMK reckoned would take 4 weeks. I ordered the Clamping pad screws last week and they delivered them today a week earlier than they estimated identical to the one I had left and a perfect fit!

Many thanks to forumers for your suggestions, help and assistance.

However the ground was very busy with pre-practice for a competition they were holding yesterday. 
You really are going to have explain the above statement to me ?  :unsure:

DT

Never mind I've worked it out :)

Many thanks Battue WDS did in 1 week what GMK reckoned would take 4 weeks. I ordered the Clamping pad screws last week and they delivered them today a week earlier than they estimated identical to the one I had left and a perfect fit!

Many thanks to forumers for your suggestions, help and assistance.
Glad to have been of assistance and your all sorted  :)

Back