beretta 692x trap

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nope that's rib and all , light is it not.

prob be at dolphin sun if you want to cast a critical eye over it.

1320 g !! Blimey, is that all? My barrels are a full 310g heavier than those. That's nearly 11 oz !!

No wonder it's such a bar-steward to get moving!!

DT

Last edited by a moderator:
exactly, very light barrells and it balances just behind the pin so I have no idea why they have included four extra stock balance weights, seems to me you want barrell weights if anything.

exactly, very light barrells and it balances just behind the pin so I have no idea why they have included four extra stock balance weights, seems to me you want barrell weights if anything.
Just nip down to your local tyre shop, they will shove some weights on the tubes for you. :smile:

Just nip down to your local tyre shop, they will shove some weights on the tubes for you. :smile:
The good old days of lead  weights for wheel balancing seems to be over, all the weights I've been able to get hold of recently are horribly shiney, stamped FE and are iron. So not possible to bend to the contours of the side rib or barrel.

Have you actually weighed the barrels Ian to confirm the stamped weight on them?

A mate has just got a new High Tech and his barrels are stamped 1480gms which seem overly light to me.

Ps. Another mate has just bought two 692 fixed high rib traps guns. His barrels weigh 1690 and 1670gms respectively. The guns both balance on the hinge pins, the weight isn't noticeable with the gun shouldered, but it is carrying the blooming thing. I'd be knackered after shooting a round of trench with it.

phil

no not weighed em but I feel they are correct as they do feel light.

as I have stock weights to play with I have put a 40g one on just because I can it now balances a further 1/4" back from hinge pin. Ooh I do love a good fiddle :)

phil

no not weighed em but I feel they are correct as they do feel light.

as I have stock weights to play with I have put a 40g one on just because I can it now balances a further 1/4" back from hinge pin. Ooh I do love a good fiddle :)
SWMBO has surely got a set of digital kitchen scales, they're relatively accurate these days, get the barrels on it so you know what you've got.

ok will weigh em after and report back ?

The adverts seem to suggest they come with barrel weights as well as stock weights.

I thought the stamped weight might not include the rib as it can be removed and not integral to the barrel construction.and won't affect overall safety when it decides to fall off. 

(After saying that.. Perazzi include the side ribs in the total weight ;) )

Chokes may add a bit of weight too. 

no mate the barrel weights are an option. Will weigh it after just to pacify Mr R ?

first off can I just say "no one likes a smart ass"

Phil you were right mate its 1548 so stamped 1320 must be no rib or chokes.... What's the point in marking it up like that ?

all or most trap shooters want to turn them off as its been twenty odd years since we ejected, now we place em nicely in a bin ?
That's an age thing and has bugger all to do with Beretta.....................................trust me !

first off can I just say "no one likes a smart ass"

Phil you were right mate its 1548 so stamped 1320 must be no rib or chokes.... What's the point in marking it up like that ?
Is the 1320 that's stamped on the barrels definitely a reference to the weight, isn't steel shot proof pressure 1320 bar?

after Wednesday trial I set the rib parallel to barrell and lowered the comb to shoot flat ie no rib seen just the bead visible. Shot 100 dtl practice today with this set up and finished 99-290 I am very very pleased with that and I think the set up is about right.

my suspicion was correct the 692x trap is a fabulous dtl gun . Used superfast cartridges which were excellent for the money. Were good to go, roll on bywel weekend :)

need another supplier though as I paid 170, if you hear of a supply that are cheaper let me know Mr Westley ?

Back