Beretta 682 Trap 1986 Vintage

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Open out a bit and leave as is. Most sporters re way too flat anyway, you wont get a gun of that quality for 3x the price now. 1/2 1/2 or 1/2 3/4 and get shooting on it. brilliant guns.

just shoot it Robert, fiddling with different cartridges etc won't have a meaningful effect unless you can measure your lead in centimetres, hahaha. :)

I have decided to pattern test and to try shooting it as it is as I do go to Bisley now and again and it will suit me having a go at DTL and Trap so it may well become my trap gun and I'll keep to the 686e for sporting.

I can see why everyone suggests buying secondhand as there are some lovely older guns about which are better quality than new ones are now at great prices but when you first start out its a bit intimidating and you don't want to get ripped off or buy a pup.

Now looking for a secondhand 682 sporter with 28 inch barrels and a shorter stock for my wife and daughter to use! Got a couple in my sights!

Thanks for all the comments and input.  You trappies are touchy lot but you've made your point strongly and won me over - for the time being!

I like the trap stock and it seems to suit me better than the sloping sporter stock!

Went to Ashcombe today and the pattern plate has disappeared so can't do that yet.

Had a blast on the Compact Sporting and did better than normal especially as I've not been there for a few months.

On the sporting layout in the woods I was again very pleased to hit about 60 percent and straight one stand.

Didn't do as well as normal on the low crosser up the gulley but its close and that's down to me not being used to the tighter chokes and also got less than normal on the fast driven birds off the tower.

Anyway the gun shoots where I point it and doesn't seem to shoot high and I have to say that I like it as it is so no multi-choking or honing out. It will be a good gun to practise with its tight chokes and then use the 686 with the Mullers 2 & 3. Before those I used to shoot with half & half.

Ammo was a mixture of Eley Firsts and Diana's in 7.5 plaswads. Great afternoon with lovely weather and not much affected by the sun.

My mate was shooting a BRNO with a weird looking action that he had great difficulty opening quite often.

I'd recommend hunting down a 2nd hand 682 Super Sport for your wife and daughter, they handle better for most people.

Les

Some of these sporting sorts are just philistines :)

Back