Beretta 682 Gold E Trap

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I seem to remember the old 686 dtl had solid side ribs. Only ever saw a few and that was in the 80's.

I really hope we can get to the bottom of this, could the OP please contact GMK again and ask them how come my barrels are solid and not vented and then put us beretta aficionados out of our misery.

Ips, already have done mate. They've no idea either why the ribs are solid. The guy I spoke to said they may of been been ordered that way.

The barrels were either ordered like that, or they're from a 687, which I have my doubts about. The only 2 '600' series that share barrels with replaceable shoulders and Optima chokes are the 687's and 682's. ( to the best of my knowledge anyway ) the 686s had the Mobil choke system until the Evo came about.

The only 687's I've seen with replaceable shoulders have vented ribs. Which were sporter barrels anyway ..

From memory, the barrel serial numbers on my previous Berettas were stamped under the bottom chamber, as they are on my latest 682, using a dot punch rather than a letter/number stamp, as they are on the gun in question.

Thanks Chris

didn't think beretta were that accommodating. I have gone off piste myself but not to that extent.

baffles me why anyone would spec solid barell its like ordering a merc but requesting window winders instead of elec. Some funny folk out there that's for sure, i mean look at my good mate les he went that far off piste he ended up with a k, jeez :)

No worries mate. Can only think that if the barrels were ordered with solid side ribs, then it was to add some weight up front. Think Hamster mentioned this earlier too.

Not a fan of Krieghoffs then Ips haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
You and hammy may be right chris extra weight seems like the only reason.

Re K, no mate each to there own of course but personally no I dont like them but then again I dont like fish either and yet many seem to enjoy the orrible things so what do I know ?

Yes Ian, I came over all radical some months back and got the K gun. I've taken a lot if stick over it, but the more I shoot it the more I like it! The worst thing about them is the cost of course, but having said that, as a second hand gun they are not too bad, providing you shop around.

I think there were a limited number of 32 682s made with multichoke for the UK.

I saw one about a month ago. It said trap on the barrel and I also think that the side ribs were non vented and had a selectable safety.

I might see it or the owner on Sun Morning so will find out then.
I saw the chap with said gun this morning. Its exactly like yours in configuration, solid rib etc. all the same. Guy bought his new and explained that that's how all the trap 32" multi were built. Can't think that its due to add barrel weight as they were quite light.

Probably more to do with what they had jn the parts bin or whatever side of bed the manager of the barrel making shop got out of in the morning.

Cheers for the update Paul.

There's another sprung up on Guntrader. Exactly the same spec as mine; trap gun with 32" barrels, both barrels multi-choked. And solid joining ribs!

I need to give my stock another dose of conditioning oil later so I'll check where the rib ends near the chamber, in comparison to that of a vented joining rib barrel. Could be a weight distribution thing..... Who knows.

Well you learn something new everyday, wonder why 32s were solid barrel ?

Just had a better look at my barrels. The side rib carries on all the way to the end of the chamber.

So I'm guessing it could be a weight distribution thing.

Just had a better look at my barrels. The side rib carries on all the way to the end of the chamber.

So I'm guessing it could be a weight distribution thing.
Side ribs typically add between 150-200 grams to the overall weight and it's definitely noticeable.

You would think a 32 would want less weight not more ?

Back