Barrel length

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am always so fascinated by these discussions hahaha

All I can say, as I have so many times, is that barrel length is meaningless and all that really matters is barrel weight and how that weight is distributed and that you personally like that feel.

Barrels longer than 75cm have not attraction to me as they are usually heavier than I care for.  Well, that and I don't have a gun case that will take longer barrels.  I do know that longer barrels are easy to sell since I've never had a problem flipping those I've tried.  And I notice that there are always lotsa long barrels for sale so that may say something about them too.

Anyway, your $, your choice

Fair enough, I'll just sit here and shut up and keep my damn fool opinions to myself.

Hi

Have had 28 & 30.  To me it more about  how heavy they are.  I am 5 2 (3) at best. Non back bored miroku 28 " barrel's heavy. 28" Beretta optima HP barrels V light. Miroku 30" back bored just right.

Damon

All I can say is this......if it feels right then it probably is right!

I first started out with a 30 inch multi choke for sporting and did quite well then i went to a 32 inch 3/4 and full, the reason was it made me concentrate more on what i needed to do to hit the target especially if the targets where close ! a 32 inch is a big advantage at range more so with tighter chokes but the 30 inch with open chokes comes in on closer faster targets, so i ended up carrying two guns  and chose the one i needed for the stand in question, to this day i believe there is no better combination, both where 3800 Miroki trap guns that shot flat. 

That's just the way i did it, i am not saying that's how it should be done.

Latest posts

Back