Bargain shells!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried a box of these up at Sawbridgeworth today defo better than their price would suggest! In fact recoil no problem, barrel residue no problem much better than Eley firsts which I refuse to use in my guns good value from the Maxam parent company!

I tried some of these today and was very impressed. As good as Saga or Reo, same maker anyway. Think i'll be purchasing some.

great input to the thread....eejit.

mike
Well there's this novel invention that's been around for a tad, it's really useful when you want to find stuff. But just like these cartridges it may not have found its way to Sussex, Kent or Yolkelsville yet but just for your information it's called the Internet! You simply type in the name of what you want into this thing called bingle and hey presto! It tells you where it is! Cretin! 

:assassin:

Gave these a bash today, seem pretty good for the money. Does anyone know why these have suddenly popped up as a lot of places seem to stocking them. Are they a new brand/shell? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Maxam is a large Spanish company which owns eley.

Would think they have "popped up" because there is room in the British market for someone to upset the established brands.

Decent shells for cheap money equals happy punters and volume sales.

Getting mixed reports on these.  Thinking of buying a 1000 as they are so cheap but was told by a certain mail order supplier (who doesn't sell these) that they are rubbish and best avoided.   I don't want to throw away good money if they are no good, but as I am still a relative beginner will they be good enough for me ?

Hi people!

new to the forum! Been using these shells for the last month and would like to add that they are a good cartridge. I honestly don't think you get a bad cartridge these days and if you point it in the right direction with the correct choking you will break the clay. I have taken one of these shells apart and all the shot was uniform and consistent, I think I found 3 pieces of shot that were very slightly flat edged. The recoil is very manageable and they are a very clean burning shell. They are well worth a try and were smashing clays well enough out to 50 yards. For the price you can't go wrong especially for the club shooter.

james

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Country Pursuits in Rickmansworth have these now - £142/1000 in fibre

I'm going to get a slab to try.  The price is appealing, but not at the expense of my shoulder if the recoil is worse then my usual Gamebore velocity.

http://www.country-pursuits-rickmansworth.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
We used to make all the components and the shells in the Uk .....since we have been  in the EU all the components are made in Europe and the prices increased .......China was buying all the lead for batteries and pushed prices up now there on their ass..............so if we leave the EU will we go back to manufacturing are own !

Latest posts

Back