Barbury challenge

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may give this a go. I felt a year or two ago that they just did not quite understand what a sporting comp should be. A ridiculous driven stand through the sun, plus a blind scorer.. Amateur hour. It may be much better now.

Well, shot this today!

Warm and sunny not much wind at all! Lots of little black bugs on a couple of stands! They were too small to shoot!

Ten stands of ten some close stuff and a rabbit jumping off a ramp too! A few tricky stands for me, a simo pair from the left and right wasn't helping my card! Also couldn't find a battue on stand eight I think. I liked the last stand in the grouse butt another simo pair from the right. As usual dropped a bunch of silly ones and twos in the middle of stands. Put a 68 in so not a bad one but not a good one just average. Left a few out there for me so could have done better! Still had a good time saw a few familiar faces too.

Not a full report so let's see what everyone else thinks.

shot this just as the drizzle stopped got 60 with the sxs about 10-15 down (must change the butt pad) most stands reasonable one long range teal with L-R long crosser the rabbit odd but predictable all in all I enjoyed it especially going round with an easy going chap had quite a laugh

Phil

evening all,

shot this pm today, so a quick run down for your all.

its one of them shoots that you start on stand one and think ok thats not bad then stand two yep ok thats a few in the bag stand three a simo pair one from right one from left shoot either way around but not as simple as it looks !!!! off too stand 4 and a nasty fast dropping crosser that if left later you loose sight in bank behind..stand 5..a rabbit that takes off and is shot in the air on report a looper from left too right...stand 6 a on report crosserquatering one from right on report left crosser with daps on !!!!!!  :biggrin:   stand 7 a looper from left to right and then a long teal straight up and drop like a stone..(tricky)..over the road too stand 8 a very very tasty looper left to right and then on report a incoming teal thinging...stand 9 up on a platform right to left battue and then a going away woodcock midi on speed.. :eek:  stand 10 in the grouse butt a simo pair of kicked everybodys ass crosssers midi and standard.....

hope that all makes sense ...to sum up its a good course but you can loose so many so fast as all 10 stands i  :rtfm:

i started with 2 straights then struggled with middle stands and then from stand 7 only dropped 5 targets out of 40 !! left happy with a 78.... :hunter:

Latest posts

Back