British-made bespoke gun box

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdLyons

Good afternoon everyone!

I've been looking for a gun box for the back of the car for a while now, and ideally needed something that would accommodate both the 58KG Mastiff and the 5KG Yorkshire terrier, as well as having enough storage for a couple of guns and all the usual accessories.

Having had some underwhelming experiences of service in a few areas in the shooting industry, its fantastic to put up a report about a service that knocked my socks off!

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of meeting the guys at Thewlis Gregson at their facility in Cheshire. As well as being welcoming and professional, their enthusiasm for their product won me over.

Richard and Mark have a background in luxury vehicles and the quality of the products on show reflected this. The attention to detail and some of the finishing was fantastic, and Mark the chief designer clearly has both passion and talent in spades - I saw the same sense of craftsmanship and pride as when I visited the Krieghoff factory last year, and seeing each stage of the manufacturing process was really interesting, from the Fusion CAD system through to the metal work, laser cutting and assembly.

Everything is designed and constructed on site, with the majority of the materials being locally sourced, with the exception of their fantastic array of leather which is brought in from Scotland. 

One of the great things about my job is that I get to meet so many people and am often asked for advice about vision, glasses and the like whenever I go shooting, so Richard suggested that alongside the guns, hospitality and dog accommodation, we introduce and area for some of the SportsVision kit too.

As such, the Vision Box was born! We're about 12 weeks away from completion and I'm really looking forward to watching it develop so will add pics and maybe a brief video of the design process for anyone who is interested.

Their website is https://www.thewlisgregson.co.uk so go check them out!

I would like a box like that, but the wife will not let me sell the house !

Last edited by a moderator:
They can build the wife a lovely box to live in, and a detachable dog house for yourself  :D
Anything south of the Watford gap should be in a box  :angel:

Last edited by a moderator:
Are they doing you a ramp for the pooch to walk into the back of the rangy ?? 

be interesting to see when it’s all don Ed. 

On another matter matter whilst at Oakedge today a mate who I was shooting with was talking about get a 3lense pilla set from Doveridge. 

He hasn’t yet got any so I put you forward as the man to see ?

do you want me to message you his number or shall I give him yours.

Daz.  

Latest posts

Back