Air rifle advice for clueless potential newbie

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it a specific air gun licence ?

What will the general criteria be ?

If the legislation goes ahead I'll just change or upgrade to an FAC power rated air rifle for areas where I can't use the .17HMR 

Last edited by a moderator:
After incredibly kind and extensive assistance from Dunc (on here), a loaned Hatsan springer.22 was used this evening. Did my best to centre it and set up a range of six tin cans on plant pots in the field, dotted about at 20 to 30 yards. Bit of trial and error but my son finished with a set of six straight hits, shot standing. (Good.. Most like clay shooting :) ) Quite proud of that!

Now he is frustrated that he has no shooting at school tomorrow due to exams..

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one, be careful though its addictive I have been known to spend many many hours in our back field setting scopes up, you can shoot 500 for less than a tenner :)

Nice going Will.  

You never know what it will lead to.  He may soon be whooping dads ar#e at clays too  :spiteful:

Having fun with the loaned Hatsan springer. Set the scope up today (roughly). Hitting some long cans! :)
More of a challenge hitting the smaller cans??   :sarcastic:

Do you ever let your son have a go? I can see a new hobby for you coming along.  :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back