Adjustable butt pads

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Les

A friend and I were discussing gun fit over the weekend, and the subject of adjustable butt pads came up.  I'm talking about the ones which can be moved up/down as required.  Something like:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bisley-Adjustable-Rubber-RECOIL-BUTT-PAD-Stock-Shoulder-Rifle-Buttplate-Plate-/330760238268?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item4d02d8b4bc

I have used spacers in the past to increase the LOP, but have never considered - or even seen - an adjustable butt pad being used to alter the drop.

Does anybody have any definitive ideas about the use of these pads, or are they best left for the airgun/airsoft  brigade?

Depends what you are trying to achieve, if it's to raise comb height then you can cause muzzle flip by using one. The force of the recoil is now above the shoulder and it pivots on the adjuster, obviously dependent on how far you adjust. If you raise the comb itself this keeps the recoil in line with the shoulder rather than above it. Just my thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks rather like a Jones Adjuster, I've seen quite a few around the trap layouts over the years, I think Tim Greenwood used to sell the odd one or two!!!!!!  :laugh:

I was in Aldi this morning and they were selling rather large X pads, in fact the size for 2 knees and in an array of colours for £1.99 !        :huh:

I will get my tin at out !

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what you three are on about i have lead a sheltered life.

fitted an adjustable Xpad to little fellas gun, works great, slight adjustments done as needed due to growing up,  reduced recoil an added bouns. I've fitted a standard to mine, 25 yrs shooting all sorts mainly 36grm in the early days as it was he norm and I'm stuffed. Helps a lot.

I read the thread expecting something completely different.....

Bath-Plug-and-Chain_large.jpg

Seriously laughing out loud on the Isle of Wight ferry.....everyone will think I am barking mad....

Skeet UK that is so funny.....

Latest posts

Back