A Sporting Clay Shoot Term?.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angelfire

Been out of the shooting game for over a decade, seems like things have changed in my absence. I know what a caddie is at golf, but what are they at a clay shoot. Is it someone you pay to carry your guns/ammo around the sporting shoot you are at. It's very odd to a Trap shooter.

Usually somebody that pushes the buttons and scores for you. You can always ask them to carry your gun and ammo...

I will push your buttons and carry your gun if the money is right.

there called loaders. ;)

its been a while but I have my memories.

that's memories not memoirs :)

ips, 

Actually they are not called loaders.

A loader is a person engaged to supply The Gun with a loaded gun to adress birds usually being driven over the line , this usually means the use of two or more guns .

A person who supplies cartridges and puts them into a Gun's single gun is known as a Stuffer.

A person who carries a Gun's gun from clay stand to clay stand and then pushes buttons to release clays from electric traps is known as a Caddie.

A person who carries a friend or acquintances guns from stand to stand is known as a Creep. :smile:

very insightful Pete. Which one are you. ?

ips, 

Actually they are not called loaders.

A loader is a person engaged to supply The Gun with a loaded gun to adress birds usually being driven over the line , this usually means the use of two or more guns .

A person who supplies cartridges and puts them into a Gun's single gun is known as a Stuffer.

A person who carries a Gun's gun from clay stand to clay stand and then pushes buttons to release clays from electric traps is known as a Caddie.

A person who carries a friend or acquintances guns from stand to stand is known as a Creep. :smile:
Like I said - peasants

Well, someone either paid or unpaid to carry your gun/guns and button for you as well. Is that the "Caddies" job in a nut shell.  Are they allowed to assist the shootist before they enter the shooting position?. It's very confusing to a lifelong trappie as we have to carry our own gear.

You will be happy to know that very few shooting grounds use this system...mostly you will have to carry your own gear and assess your own mistakes.

Alternatively take a friend to shoot with you,they can observe your shooting and utter the immortal words "your behind it" ;)

Well, someone either paid or unpaid to carry your gun/guns and button for you as well. Is that the "Caddies" job in a nut shell.  Are they allowed to assist the shootist before they enter the shooting position?. It's very confusing to a lifelong trappie as we have to carry our own gear.
If that is your usual shooting clothing that you are wearing, you may want to wave your gun around after firing, just to ensure that you eject the fired cases into the bin, you most certainly should NOT bend over in order to pick up any that have fallen on the ground !    :eek:

If that is your usual shooting clothing that you are wearing, you may want to wave your gun around after firing, just to ensure that you eject the fired cases into the bin, you most certainly should NOT bend over in order to pick up any that have fallen on the ground !    :eek:
Haha, very droll. It's fine unless the breeze is strong.

Latest posts

Back