A Shootclay Game Day?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisPackham

To avoid hijacking Chris' post, just throwing the idea out there to see if we could get a team together for the 16/17 season?

If enough people respond positively then we can worry about size of day, location, etc

The idea being that it would be suitable for people's first outing as well as veterans, I would suggest that people with no experience opt for a loader/spotter (although it won't be a double gun day)

So, any takers?

Last edited by a moderator:
Great, some good feedback so early on..

Thinking about it please reply adding your rough location and the month that you would prefer to shoot if you have a preference 

Thanks

Lancashire

October

ps

can I bring my cocker

October is good, Partridges then? Or maybe a mixed day at the end of the month? Does anyone have any views?

Im sure we can find somewhere that allows trained dogs, why not...

Ok, five people interested so far ( one by PM), can anyone one else interested make themselves known by replying to this thread before Monday and we can start to put a shape to this.

Guys, chance of an opening day in East Angular, very east infact... 50 bird day, fully catered and transport provided, £1600, but we need to be quick, accommodation nearby available at reasonable cost. Can probably find a couple of guns if we are short of a team. Please reply if interested.

Game shoots are expensive, but that seems excessive!

mike
Your joking...£1600 is £200 per gun, ok it's a small day, but in game shooting terms that's only £32 per bird including your transport and food...not unreasonable!!!

If anyone is really interested I will organise a day for us here in The Midlands.

Partridge or Pheasants or both .

Partridge will be cheaper and earlier in the season if necessary to suit the team .

Let me know and I will give you dates and price.

Your joking...£1600 is £200 per gun, ok it's a small day, but in game shooting terms that's only £32 per bird including your transport and food...not unreasonable!!!
Exactly, you will struggle to find cheaper! It's a good shoot and ideal for people first time which was kind of the idea.

Suitable for 5-8 guns but obviously the more guns the cheaper each person.  I have shot here with 4 guns but the line gets a bit thin and as a low cost day there a fewer beaters so flanking is difficult 

I can look at opening up pegs on a couple of my days but depends how much people want to spend. If there are a few first timers then smaller days would be the way forward.

currently got 4 pegs left on a 250 partridge day in October based in the midlands but again need to be quick as they tend to go fast.

Latest posts

Back