A new perazzi?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:fie:  I've had my MX12 prosport around 8 years and its not happend yet? perhaps I've bought a dud? :crazy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I understand. Yes I have noticed this on a few perazzis that I have shot but never had it on a beretta.

I asked Mauro to fix one of mine. Nope. They have a spring back from full gape. That's the way it is.

Tinker bell said:
Their bar is always high....Olympic results proved that. Gun of choice for serious shooters.[/quote

You mean the fact Perazzi throw sponsor guns, with contracts giving them guns for big wins, at anyone who they think might win!!!

It cushions the action stops as the barrels drop. You know how the DT10 cuts that mark into the barrel?

It cushions the action stops as the barrels drop. You know how the DT10 cuts that mark into the barrel?
Ah yes so it's like a built in buffer. Makes sence but very hard to get used to on the occasions I shot them.

Good heavens! All this before breakfast!

For what it's worth My Beretta 686 (older one) does the extra-push-to-fully-open-it thing. It's very annoying, and it actually hampers any attempt at clever twist 'n flick into the bin stuff. If Perazzi guns do that then they really shouldn't. 

Also I have to agree with the gentleman's comments about people being sponsored, and provided with guns. It's not just guns, it's cartridges, clothes, and in other places it's cars and tennis racquets and watches and glasses and the rest of it. Sponsorship is a disease. It's not new, it won't go away, but it's everywhere. 

It irritates the tar out of me when people bleat about how fabulous something is just because they're paid to. It's dishonest, just as dishonest as the 'reviews' in magazines where the editor isn't really going to upset a major advertiser.

Interesting that the gentleman who made the point appears to work the land for a living (or have I read it wrong?). Folk like that tend to be rooted in reality and have common-sense view of things. The slavish imitation of celebrity is not for them. 

I wonder what the reason is ?
The hammer springs lever back thru the cocking bar to press on the actuator in the forend.  The sears are not engaged until the gun closes and the cocking bar is unloaded.  If the effect is bothersome a shorter cocking bar (they come in several lengths) can be fitted or the fitted one shortened.  You just have to make sure that the bar is long enough to get the hammers to the sear engagement.  

It is a consequence of reducing the design to as simple and rugged as possible.  A pure competition gun and never meant to be anything else.

And if they could just cure the gape, so that you don't have to open it twice to insert cartridges, that would be nice.
My mx12, Gti and 3800 are the same in that respect, all have tight actions and its the cocking springs that just hold the barrels up a tad unless you 'open them' My other Gti just flops open very worn but a joy to shoot. Some people just seem to rough handle a weapon so will not notice the difference.

Just a quirk!!!!!

My MX8 Pro Trap has always done it.There is a buffer inside so that's how they are. Not given it any thought till i saw this post.

Wonko is right a pure competition machine.  

Yours must have seen that many shots through it that the built in springie back buffer thingie is now totally worn.

Yes me too Tinker. My springie back thing aint what it was these days either ;)

And if they could just cure the gape, so that you don't have to open it twice to insert cartridges, that would be nice.
I have only shot 6k through my MX8... but I have no idea what you are taking about. I have never ever had to do anything but shoot and press the top lever and fully open the gun remove the empty and drop a new one into the bottom tube and close the gun again. Can you fully explain what happens when the gun does not do this so that I know when to complain... I don't want to feel left out.

It's a very minor thing. (Wish I had never mentioned it :) )

With many guns, if you push the top lever,the gun will fall open and you can place a cartridge in the bottom barrel. With a Perazzi, the gun will not quite open far enough to do this, but instead requires a light pull of the barrel to open it far enough. Many will not notice as their opening method simply includes the pull to fully open.

Exactly as will says.

Beretta open easy cartridge inserts easy. I could carry on with many more things that are better about Beretta but I fear it would stir the proverbial hornets nest.

Anyway Beretta are less problematic imo and therefore better.

Off you go.

That's it Will, it's a miner thing.  I can only presume that miners are gentler than farmers then.

It's a very minor thing. (Wish I had never mentioned it :) )

With many guns, if you push the top lever,the gun will fall open and you can place a cartridge in the bottom barrel. With a Perazzi, the gun will not quite open far enough to do this, but instead requires a light pull of the barrel to open it far enough. Many will not notice as their opening method simply includes the pull to fully open.
That will include me with all my guns which include a Beretta and a Browning and neither the two of those will fall open both are far too tight the Beretta in particular, it has only fired about a thousand shells to be fair.

That will include me with all my guns which include a Beretta and a Browning and neither the two of those will fall open both are far too tight the Beretta in particular, it has only fired about a thousand shells to be fair.
That is a completely different kind of tight and can be cured in about 10seconds by relieving the back of the barrel lug that presses on the forend iron.  Why manufacturers allow guns out the door that are too tight to open is a total mystery to me.  And why people tolerate it is just as great a one. 

Latest posts

Back