A new gun for my wife......EOS

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philpot

We have been looking for a little while for a replacement gun for my wife as the Miroku trap with fixed choke is a bit limited for what she wants. The Browning 725 looked okay but as she needs a high comb, that meant buying an adjustable stock which jacked the price up to around £1800.

The idea of a new gun was to enable her to shoot DTL, the odd bit of sporting and a few rounds of skeet so a general purpose gun rather than an outright dedicated gun to one aspect of clay shooting. Now some of you may have seen in 'Clay Shooting' magazine, Malmo Guns advert for Cheddite cartridges and EOS guns but when I went onto their site, I was very interested by the price but assumed they were some rubbish from Turkey or somewhere.............WRONG!!!!

The EOS range of guns are made in Italy by Redolfi  and sitting at less than a grand, had to be looked at. A quick chat to Malmo confirmed that they were in fact a sound gun and well worth a look at. Beverley CTC has a gun shop on site and as they deal with Malmo for all their Cheddite shells so there would be a chance that they also have the EOS guns and as luck would have it, they had a couple in stock.

On first viewing of the guns, I was impressed with what you get for your money. The gun is cased (molded ABS) with thin and thick recoil pads, five chokes and key (cyl - full), adjustable stock complete with a nice hex driver all for the price of £895. I was very impressed with the feel and balance of this gun and to cut a long story short, we bought it.

Out on the clay ground, this gun shoots very well and more importantly it shoot well for my wife. A few friends have tried the gun and so far everyone has really rated it, in fact one guy tried it having just bought a 725 and was gutted as he preferred the EOS. Hamish Patterson at Clay Lodge Armoury (Beverley CTC) will be carrying stock so anyone who is looking to buy a new gun without spending serious money may well find these guns worth a second look.

Here are a few photo's

Sorry for the picture quality as I took them outside whilst very sunny so they are not great.

Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
Decent looking pad on the back too. (I see that the 525 Brownings now fit them too). What does it weigh?

Awesome. Malmo sponsor S&CBC, they have a very good reputation for finding guns for Ladies.

Looks good, but don't dismiss all Turkish guns.  I love my little Huglu .410.

Malmo asked me to try one out, quite impressed for a "budget priced" brand new gun.  :smile:

Back