A great side of game shooting..

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisPackham

Having had a sh*t day yesterday I spent  today fiddling around and tidying up and putting away some bits of pens, giving the dog and kids a run and general enjoying a day of fun.

On our exploring we found two brilliant things, first we spotted  half a dozen  lapwings  which according to the local countryside walking encyclopaedia is the first time in 14 year years, secondly in a rarely explored corner we found two groups of English Partridge stunning themselves 

We don’t and won’t shoot English Partridge but we have spent time enhancing habitat which is obviously paying off, as well as a zero tolerance policy in respect of Vermin.

Our part time keeper has contacted the local twitchers club and they are coming tomorrow for a look around to see the lapwings, we’ve some cold food left over from yesterday so we are putting on a small picnic for them and three of the guys have volunteered to show them round. Hopefully they will leave with a positive view of what we are trying to achieve on our little corner of countryside.

We are all keen to put yesterday behind us, on reflection it hasn’t put us off guests but they need to be known to us and also have a minder, regardless of how experienced... just glad no one was hurt!

Last edited by a moderator:
What a great way to show game shooting and shooters in a positive light to the public, well done 👍

Amen to that  !

Yesterday, I saw locally a flock of around 100 Lapwings on a freshly sown field. I have not seen that fantastic sight in many years. Took me back around 40 years, when I would have been decoying pigeons on that field and watching flocks of Lapwings giving their aerial displays.

Back