Positive spin on Game Shooting

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyingTrotter

Adrian Thornton Berry sent me this - apparently filmed on one of the moors that Dalesport manage 

Some of you may be interested to watch a programme that was filmed on one of our managed shoots last Autumn portraying shooting here in the Yorkshire Dales and trying to get a bit of positive PR from it. The programme promotes Gamekeepers and Landowners important roles within the countryside and also shows how everybody from the local community mucks in to make the day work!We also speak about the importance of the produce that is shot and how people should try to eat more game. We think it should be great and we would love as many of you to take the time to sit down, watch it and let us know your thoughts. It is on More4 “The Yorkshire Dales & The Lakes” at 9pm tomorrow night Tuesday 1st August. There is a follow-up piece on Conservation Trapping on 15th August.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another positive spin is Ian Botham donating the majority of the game shot on his estates this season to the food banks. He's also donating £40,000 for those game birds to be turned into meals ready to eat. Pheasant casserole and partridge curry. No doubt the anti's will still find something negative to say, but a very good gesture from the bothams, think we may find some other shoots following suit, produces very good publicity.

I am told he had a less that perfect radio interview with BBC 5 live - didn't hear it myself - hope that and the Stan Kronke shooting channel related hoopla doesn't cause more negatives 

Back