A cautionary tale

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The funniest one I have heard ... and I mean funny ha ha  :) was about a  guy who was approaching retirement and went on the sick with " STRESS"  thought he would get some extra holidays in the last couple of years of his working life. Anyway the stress sick notes went on for some time and his employers decided that it would be better for both parties if he was retired early on the grounds of ill health then they could get someone in to do his job. Lovely jubbly thought the rogue retired two years early on full pension... a month or so later the plod visited him and removed all his guns. The moral of this particular tale is think of all consequences before you go stealing from your colleagues the sick notes had initially gone under the radar but caught up to him eventually when the company health adviser took action. I do not know if his stress every suddenly disappeared   :lol:

one thing is for sure licence holders must be the most law abiding and most healthy group in the UK ? as anyone who has ever had a speeding ticket or a tickly cough has been weeded out.

Being faced with what could be a terminal illness, one could end it early. They will even revoke a license for this.The list goes on!!!!
They don't revoke car/ bike licences, remove all hose pipes in the house  or gas ovens etc. 

nothing like kicking a person down when they are at their lowest........... :angry:

Old friend of mine had a an elderly wife who was sadly dying of cancer----went to the Doctor with his wife and was asked by the doctor if he was depressed. Replied "of course I bloody am, my wife is dying of cancer"

Plod arrived two weeks later to take his shotguns and certificate away.

Just be very careful what you say to your Doctor

This is seriously disappointing thread. I knew you had to jump through hoops in order to get your SGC. But it's nearing an Orwellian society, with "normal" diseases, and hard times (seriously/terminal illnesses to next of kin) being reported which causes revocation of certificates and guns. 

Just to clarify how it works in Denmark. We can own a shotgun in two ways. 

1 having a hunters certificate (taking lessons in all matters of hunting, wildlife, environmental stuff, legislation matters, being able to reckonise all different kinds of winged animals, furry ones and so on. Take a test, governed by  Ministry of nature and environment). Then you can own a shotgun if you pass (but not hunt with it until you have passed a shooting examination that shows you can actually hit something with it, but clayshooting is fine). 

2. Join a club that shoots shotgun disciplines under the Danish equivalent of  CPSA , and member of this organisation. Fill out an application, hand it to the chairman of the club, he signs and sends it to the main office of the organisation. They sign it after the are assured a membership is paid. Forward it to the police (checking for a record)  and then return it to the organisation. Print out a credit card size license and send it to the chairman of local club. Pick it up in person and all good to buy and own. Time is roughly 2-3 weeks for this process. Cost 20£. Has to renewed after 5 years (formality and free). However the local chairman can revoke it any time if one is not an active shooter in the club. 

Lars

Last edited by a moderator:
Back