87 years of age and still shooting

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mulliner

Just been shooting today and met a 87year old gentleman out for his birthday .

No glasses , shoots an over under using 21g cartridges. Didn't miss a target when I saw him shoot. God I hope I'm shooting at that age !!!

Well done to that man!! We also have an elderly gent that shoots in a local league, who is 90+ what an achievement!!

There's a bloke that shoots with a  group of friends at West Kent that I've seen on a few occasions.  He's older than they are, but a really good shot and when they are missing some of the trickier birds he steps up, takes the gun and shows them how to do it.  One of them told me the other day that he's 93.  Absolutely cracking.

Sian at least you have class I on the other hand have none

There's an old fella called Ally in our club, has a skeet and a trap Miroku one of the best and most consistent shots, loaned me one of his guns before I got mine.

Dad is 80 and 'commutes' about 3hrs most days to play golf on one of the hardest links courses in Scotland if I'm as fit as dad and can shoot like Ally when I'm in my 80s I'll be very happy and not a little surprised.

A group that I have shot with at west kent has a father and son combo where Nipper, the old boy, is 80 odd years old. He shot an 81 last time I went with them. Terrific stuff.

woody,, there is an elderly chap at your shoot too, also 80 odd,,your dad gives him a lift on the buggy! I need a lift too,,,

how's the leg?

woody,, there is an elderly chap at your shoot too, also 80 odd,,your dad gives him a lift on the buggy! I need a lift too,,,

how's the leg?
I'm really getting there thanks, Jim. I have been mobile for nearly a fortnight, but in this walking boot thing which doesn't let me cope with the rough ground very well. And let me tell you it's not nice if you keep getting your crutch stuck in the mud.

However, my next appointment is Monday. I really hope they let me progress to normal footwear.

It does hurt, and swells a lot, but I hope to be at the shoot in a weeks time.

I tested my bowman trap today now it's back from the menders with a fully charged battery. Works a treat :)

Back