25 / 26 Jan.....who's off shooting?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coleys today (need the practice) whilst its dry looks favourite,
Got to Coleys, brief chat with Clynt, nice little round, some clays blown about in wind but made for some "interesting" targets, I just out everything back in car when it started chucking it down, so its itch scratched, job done, box ticked a big :) for me

Could do, but it's a long drive and I'm supposed to be cooking a sunday roast for family, so need to be back home by 12ish to get the spuds on.
I suppose it depends where your coming from but i find it much easier to get to greenfields over willow farm

Near Battle in East Sussex. Willow Farm is about half an hour, Greenfields more than three times that last time I went. All moot anyway as I've decided to stay dry and give it a miss this morning.

well I shot today 2 rounds on the 2nd round we was drenched and so were our score cards that bad i could just make my score so I thought!!

I thought I had 41 needing 8 from the last stand to take it to count back 

1st pair killed 

2nd pair killed 

3rd pair killed 

4th pair rabbit missed bollox oh well time for a trick shot dipping incomer don't bother taking it at the kill point shoot it a 3ft off the floor needless to say I missed 

walk past the score hut get the obligatorily how did you get on so I say "ok, but I know I'm under the score needed" 

so the girl counts anyway

"48 not a bad round"

"you what" 

"48"

"Oh FFS you are joking"

lesson learnt!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it was wet and wild at Westfield, very cold and wet and the wind got up too...but still great fun and great targets.

Finished up on 84 ex 120, bit disappointed but don't think I would have got enough to win C Class so had to settle for 4th.

Great to see so many people I know from here...thanks Matt for helping me make so many friends....superstar!!! Lovely to shoot with Jason who had some awesome hits, Tiptop who has definitely got his mojo back and Nick who is getting used to Registereds and improving every shoot.

Didn't manage the White Gold...Just too wet and cold but watched Chris C show how it should be done....understand it better now and will be back to give it a go....felt knackered as well, lots of concentration needed today, think I would need to shoot it first to have a chance!!

So, beaters day onSaturday. Not many birds left and the bag for the whole day was 48 with 10 guns. I managed 7 out of that 48, and I'm really chuffed with that. Shot more than anyone else that day too! :)

So onto this morning still on a high. Went to meet my regular shooting pals to discover they weren't in the mood for getting soaked in the rain and wind and stayed at home! I went on regardless and shot 37/50. Really good for me! Just want to hit that magical "40".

Either way a very happy chappy after a fantastic weekend shooting!

So, beaters day onSaturday. Not many birds left and the bag for the whole day was 48 with 10 guns. I managed 7 out of that 48, and I'm really chuffed with that. Shot more than anyone else that day too! :)
So onto this morning still on a high. Went to meet my regular shooting pals to discover they weren't in the mood for getting soaked in the rain and wind and stayed at home! I went on regardless and shot 37/50. Really good for me! Just want to hit that magical "40".
Either way a very happy chappy after a fantastic weekend shooting!
What ground did you shoot at today? ..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well it was wet and wild at Westfield, very cold and wet and the wind got up too...but still great fun and great targets.

Finished up on 84 ex 120, bit disappointed but don't think I would have got enough to win C Class so had to settle for 4th.

Great to see so many people I know from here...thanks Matt for helping me make so many friends....superstar!!! Lovely to shoot with Jason who had some awesome hits, Tiptop who has definitely got his mojo back and Nick who is getting used to Registereds and improving every shoot.

Didn't manage the White Gold...Just too wet and cold but watched Chris C show how it should be done....understand it better now and will be back to give it a go....felt knackered as well, lots of concentration needed today, think I would need to shoot it first to have a chance!!
Well shot in the weather conditions of today.... :)
I've had good fun ten pin bowling... Still hand and eye coronation practice ..... (That's what I told myself) ...
Look forward to next Sunday .... :)

Kibworth shoot where's that then? Apart from May-be the obvious Kibworth.... Near where??

Kibworth is about 15 miles south of Leicester on the A6.

They used to do reg comps, but the demand wasn't enough apparently so the ground stopped them and it's practise only now.

I like it there though. Friendly, change the targets every week or two. And they do a good brekkie!

Just about warmed up and dry now from today at Westfield!

Had a good shoot round in the wet and windy conditions, it could have been worse I am sure, but not quite sure in what way! . Thanks to all the Refs that were sat or stood out in it all day and Steve and Ally for running it.

We all did well in our suqad, it was great to see Nick out on another Reg shoot. Jennie put in a brilliant score too, won't be long before she's topping C class at this rate. Martin was on form too and really settling in with his new gun. Managed a 97ex120 for equal second in B, if only I hadn't of missed the last pair of simo teal! Sorry Chris!

Feeling things are starting to come together, looking forward to pulling the trigger next weekend! Dry weather please.

Kibworth is about 15 miles south of Leicester on the A6.

They used to do reg comps, but the demand wasn't enough apparently so the ground stopped them and it's practise only now.

I like it there though. Friendly, change the targets every week or two. And they do a good brekkie!
Its a shame they stopped the reg sporting they put on some good targets

Latest posts

Back