21 / 22 December....shooting not shopping....

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If a new ground was to open in Calne / Marlborough area, would there be the supportOf the shooters ? of course would be run opposite end of month of gun site as Shaun doing a fantastic job 2nd week end of month, Just interested on views ?? :) There is a reason to all response ...
great to have another ground down that end. I was a good supporter of wylye!! Get it on

Why is it that everyone from Greater London thinks that the west starts when you leave Berkshire and Surrey - its crazy!

The Westcountry comprises everything west of a line between Bristol and Bournemouth or perhaps Southampton in the extreme!

Counties are Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, Dorset and a bit of Wiltshire but Wiltshire is pretty Central really.

Hi Ian and Robert I can't remember if you both came to the ground I used to do at Pilton called tor view , it was the best terrain ever for a shooting ground it had everything apart from a good consistent flow of customers we had a steady 85 ish every shoot but that was it and certainly not enough to make it a viable commercial proposition

I must say I spent 6 years of my farming life on this farm and can honestly say the local people are the most genuine , friendliest people I have ever met and I still miss the area now !!!

Steve

They done the same at the first shoot. We shot it after the last Westfield 120. They charged us £40 because they had ran out of change. No we didn't like it,no we won't be going back.
£40 !!!!!!!!!!!!! ..............How many stands ??, Pool shoot ??, Catering facilities ??

£40 !!!!!!!!!!!!! ..............How many stands ??, Pool shoot ??, Catering facilities ??
To answer your questions Phil, 11, no and very nice local sausages.

I will continue to press the owner to get this shoot right if I can because it has such potential.

To answer your questions Phil, 11, no and very nice local sausages.

I will continue to press the owner to get this shoot right if I can because it has such potential.
Absolutely, at least if you are not happy let the guy know what he is doing wrong then if he doesnt respond in a reasonable timescale vote with  your feet.

£35.

He needs to be £32 BO and £37 comp. He needs to stop so many trailing pairs. He needs to go and see a different ground operate. Nice guy, but he doesn't shoot and hasn't been anywhere else. Some finding of the feet to come hopefully.. But lets wish him luck at this early stage I say, because it is a great bit of land.

£35.

He needs to be £32 BO and £37 comp. He needs to stop so many trailing pairs. He needs to go and see a different ground operate. Nice guy, but he doesn't shoot and hasn't been anywhere else. Some finding of the feet to come hopefully.. But lets wish him luck at this early stage I say, because it is a great bit of land.

Shot there a few times when Agony had it inc the Bucks sporting championship at least 10 years ago...... still used manual traps then...... there is enough  AA sporting shooters local to offer advise & assistance BUT if the guy doesnt want help then thats his call

Your thoughts on entry costs are exactly the same at BH, 12 stands & 5 stand sportrap pool shoot, reduced competition entry for colts or "FREE" practise when shooting with a paying adult. 

Our next shoot is Monday 30th December, 100 ESP Reg  :nyam:   :nyam:

Average price for 100 registered in Kent is £26 birds only for skeet and £32 for sporting. People just won't pay any more.

I think that last time I shot at Coniston it was £38 birds only. Great ground and targets but very few of the locals shoot there due to the prices.

Latest posts

Back