12G or 20G

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like 20g for game shooting but 12g is always going to be a more stable platform for clays. 20g are quick to move but equally quick to stop and require more control.

As said before try a semi auto 12 or you old look for a cheap skeet gun 26inch barrel and use 21gram carts and get her to learn lead etc on skeet ! If she sticks with it then upgrade the gun or if she loses interest then sell it on. The other beauty is with skeet it's only 25 clays at a time so she shouldn't get too tired and will build strength and muscle memory !

:D

I was in a similar situation. Hubby started shooting in January and I followed him in April.

He brought me a 20G secondhand gun to start with, because I found his 12g heavy and hard to use, but after only a couple of months I changed to a 12g Beretta Silver Pigeon. I have no trouble with the 12g now with regard to weight or re-coil and it makes it sense for the pair of us from a safety point of view and economics to use the same cartridges.

Back