100 Compak Sporting in Holland tomorrow

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ground is an hour from Aachen so say 2hrs from Dusseldorf I guess!!! You have to drive a little slower in Holland!!! ;-) They have plenty of club guns so you would only need to bring your European Certificate with you but I could check that out for anyone if needed! Not a bad little ground at all! They are also moving a serious amount of dirt further around the back so it looks like it is going to grow some more!!! If you get the Fitasc bug then really the comp of the year is the Dorhout Mees Grand Prix!!! That shoot is a cracking weekend away!! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Well done Glen. Nice one. Did I read further back in post that you shot this comp with Steel ??? Not starting a steel debate but if you did how did you rate the performance of the shells and what shells did you use. Daz.

Yes everything in Holland and most of Germany is Steel.My combination was the 32inch Browning GTI Trap Version choked at 3/4 and Full.I was using Nobel Sport, Tunet, 28 gram 7.Never shot them before the comp as some of the usual brands we have been shooting were not available. They performed some cracking kills with them but a little bit thumpy. You dont get the real smoking Kills with any of the brands past 30yards, with lead if your gun is choked up you can get some pretty awesome kills out that far and maybe a touch further maybe not somke but good kills and the most noticeable difference I see is the amount of recoil compared to lead. The Winchester Acier 28gram 7 is probably the best value and best in terms of recoil. However Gamebore are faultless if you can handle a thump, the 24gram Super Steel is a superb little cartridge though. If I had the choice I would shoot lead all day long but I doubt if I shot steel in England over the course of the year it wouldn't affect my average. Maybe it would be a mental thing to begin with in regards to Fitasc Sporting targets but at sporting no problem for me. As for the safety side have not seen anything yet which concerns me regarding that. I have not heard of anything either from the other guys. I spent a whole day experimenting with steel and have shot a few competition targets with them now.I shot 86ex100 last year at The Dutch National Fitasc and 92ex100 at this Compak this year, I guess the big question is if I had been using lead would it have increased my score??? No I doubt it very much! Glen.

Additionally we were talking about how quick scores are published by CPSA. Well the scores from yesterdays comp in Holland are already up!!! That's pretty quick in my book! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif http://www.kleiduivensport.nl/.....wildenberg

Glen............big, big, big thank you for giving a donation to my fund raising from your 'winnings' in Holland and for putting it on your facebook page.........and for telling me how to do the link for the 'Horsey video'/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif.I have now finally managed to get the video on the page so that people can have a laugh at me charging around on a nag with a top coach from British Eventing........yelling at me to 'sit up'...................unfortunately it is not the one where I came flying off and hit the deck /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif we did not have the video going then/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gifI have attached it below for anyone who wants a laugh. The video will be bottom right of the page under the pictures of the other sports.http://www.virginmoneygiving.c.....icolaHeron Anyone know a boxing gym close to Newbury..............that is my next one to start when I can find an NGB coach!!!  Big thanks again Glen................you are a great mate.I will send you that picture of Hans when I find it.............he will look loads younger than now /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif you can remind him what he looked like next time you shoot there./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif

Ha ha ha no worries mate! ;-) I can send you the link to the results if you don't believe me! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif

Hi Glen, Sorry to bother you, a good friend of mine (and avid clay shooter) has moved (permanently) to Holland 18 months ago and is now looking to get back into shooting  - more to the point, I'm looking to get lots of invites!I've noticed you shoot the odd comp out there and wondered if you could recommend any clubs or grounds? Many thanks, Scuta

Get him to join the forum...Glen is becoming our regular Dutch shooting expert!

Scuta said:

Hi Glen, Sorry to bother you, a good friend of mine (and avid clay shooter) has moved (permanently) to Holland 18 months ago and is now looking to get back into shooting  - more to the point, I'm looking to get lots of invites!I've noticed you shoot the odd comp out there and wondered if you could recommend any clubs or grounds? Many thanks, Scuta Hi Scuta, The following grounds are probably the best two in Holland -De Wildenberg International Shooting GroundDorhout Mees Shooting GroundBoth sites webpages are below -http://www.schietbaandewildenb...../home.htmlhttp://www.dorhoutmees.nl/ Have a look around those sites. If you are looking for up market with everything then Dorhout Mees however it is expensive. I am a member of De Wildenberg now great club very helpful reasonable prices for members regular comps, lovely clubhouse which is not over priced on food and drinks. For me this is the good all rounder. They have Skeet, Olypic Skeet, Trap, Compak, Sporting, Fitasc. Even a small inside rifle range. Anymore info just ask. Does your friend have all his dutch certficates? Glen.

Hi Glen, Thanks for that. He's living in Amstelhoek, (about 1/2 an hour South of Amsterdam) He's currently in the process of getting his Dutch licence, I believe through Dorhout Mees, which takes about a year??S

Yes I am having similar problems at the moment with regards to my German application as well as being a member of dutch club, cpsa, KNSA (dutch association) I still need to be in a german club and go through the process of testing and competancy etc as the german authorities will not except my previous history.You may ask why be a member of the dutch association and club why not do it with a german one first! Thing is Weert is 45mins from where I am on the German/Holland border so for me it is the best place to practise and compete.The question I keep asking myself is - Am I going to be here for another 5 years? Is it worth doing it at the extreme cost it is?That is the decision I have to make over the next few weeks after I have gained all the info and exhausted all resources.However I am lucky that I already have a European etc so i can shoot regular with my Dutch friend as long as he is in attendance however this restricts you a lot if they are not available. The main website which lists all competitions and is changed regularly as new events are added and also includes scores when you click on the links is below -http://www.kleiduivensport.nl/.....ender/2012 That is the full calendar for 2012 so far!If he wants to shoot the Grand Prix Fitasc this is at Dorhout Mees so I am sure if he enquired with them he would be able to do it is a very sociable and good event, probably the best event in the Dutch calendar. If you need any info just ask no problem, Glen.

New nickname for Glen......... 'The Flying Dutchman'.:) :)

Can't you do better than that!! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif

Many thanks for all the info Glen, am sure I will be back to pick your brains again at some stage! Regards, S

Back