Southdown GC - 3rd March 2012

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any sporting layout gun down! Or skeet given the trend to throw closer and closer fitasc birds!

Bob - I'm sure there are a few places we can practice - I was planning some sporting practice next week - but I think I may be distracted by Helice with Nic.

I'm also trying to do 10/15 minutes dry mounting practice each day at home - keeping it slow and smooth. One person told me to practice with the gun from under my arm to slow me down even further... I need to find the right starting position to be 100% happy.

Yesterday was the first time I have shot a whole round gun down, although I probably shot 5 stands out of 10 gun down at Churchills last week (not the straight trappy things down the bottom or the driven) - I will build up to shooting as much as possible gun down so that I can really enjoy the FITASC stuff.

Feels to me like I just need to build the habit, and the muscle memory - over time it will become second nature and I'll be able to choose based on the situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you get time for a bit of skeet at Bisley in the week, let me know Matt. Otherwise the next Fitasc I have spotted so far is at Hornet on the 18th, I might have to make the effort for that.

I suppose it was too much to hope my score wouldn't be published! What a pile of Richard.

Nevertheless, a good day out and a good squad. Keith showed us how it should be done but Bob_P will need asbestos gloves soon!

Glen and Ed r spot on, gun mount slow but sure Paddy howe showed me this years ago and i still go back to it when i cant hit a target.And it still works?

Well shot Bob. Guys, it was a pleasure to shoot with you all.

Keith

I'm still buzzing from the whole experience, may have found another addiction. A great squad, and Keith, fab shooting, see you in Chicago if not before.

Thanks for the kind words. In reality, I had a couple of layouts where I could do no wrong. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does it more than makes up for the layouts we all have when nothing goes right.

Back