jwpzx9r

bloody distractions

40 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Wonko the Sane said:

Probably a good thing then that you know your place and keep your mouth shut    :poke:

Oh I didn't say that 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best be careful, woman, or someone will deal with you.   :angel:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not quite the same but whilst shooting on Sunday phil had a bad stand, on coming out of stand, the guy behind him said "well, that's just f****d your card up", he couldn't believe it (didn't know the guy at all) it completely threw him and then missed a few on next stand as he was still thinking about it. Same guy then said "you was a bit slow on that 'B' bird". Luckily we only had 1 more stand to shoot so we ran to get there before he followed us!!!!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, donna said:

Not quite the same but whilst shooting on Sunday phil had a bad stand, on coming out of stand, the guy behind him said "well, that's just f****d your card up", he couldn't believe it (didn't know the guy at all) it completely threw him and then missed a few on next stand as he was still thinking about it. Same guy then said "you was a bit slow on that 'B' bird". Luckily we only had 1 more stand to shoot so we ran to get there before he followed us!!!!

I often come out of a stand saying "well, that's just f*****d your card up".  Not about anyone else, though.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, donna said:

Not quite the same but whilst shooting on Sunday phil had a bad stand, on coming out of stand, the guy behind him said "well, that's just f****d your card up", he couldn't believe it (didn't know the guy at all) it completely threw him and then missed a few on next stand as he was still thinking about it. Same guy then said "you was a bit slow on that 'B' bird". Luckily we only had 1 more stand to shoot so we ran to get there before he followed us!!!!

I'm sure he was just trying to lighten the mood of the situation and help out.  I mean, people are so so unappreciative of the interest that others take in their performance and offers of assistance.  :pleasantry:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally loathe unsolicited coaching. There are those who simply can't resist telling me where I'm going wrong, and do it ostentatiously. I genuinely don't know if they think they are doing me a favour or if they are doing it to irritate, either way I really wish they wouldn't. It's especially galling if they do it during a competition.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, CharlesP said:

I personally loathe unsolicited coaching. There are those who simply can't resist telling me where I'm going wrong, and do it ostentatiously. I genuinely don't know if they think they are doing me a favour or if they are doing it to irritate, either way I really wish they wouldn't. It's especially galling if they do it during a competition.

Your behind it!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bebo said:

I often come out of a stand saying "well, that's just f*****d your card up".  Not about anyone else, though.

I do too, really beat myself up sometimes for missing certain targets but like you, that's for my ears only and I would never dream of saying it to a shooter coming off a stand, even if I did know them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, donna said:

I do too, really beat myself up sometimes for missing certain targets but like you, that's for my ears only and I would never dream of saying it to a shooter coming off a stand, even if I did know them.

It's about myself, but normally loud enough for anyone behind me to hear.

As an aside, I think I had a brief chat with your OH at the last Churchill Registered shoot.  He commiserated over my inability to hit an overhead target until the last pair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Bebo said:

It's about myself, but normally loud enough for anyone behind me to hear.

As an aside, I think I had a brief chat with your OH at the last Churchill Registered shoot.  He commiserated over my inability to hit an overhead target until the last pair.

Yes, he was there with some friends. He's quite approachable and handy for advice so don't hesitate to ask him if your not sure!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2017 at 9:10 AM, CharlesP said:

I personally loathe unsolicited coaching. There are those who simply can't resist telling me where I'm going wrong, and do it ostentatiously. I genuinely don't know if they think they are doing me a favour or if they are doing it to irritate, either way I really wish they wouldn't. It's especially galling if they do it during a competition.

Clearly you're the one with the problem.  Well, two actually.  You have a bad attitude and you're missing targets.  I mean, you should welcome some assistance and be a nicer person.  Look at the gains I've made personally since I decided to become a perfectly lovely person. 

:whistle:

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wonko the Sane said:

Clearly you're the one with the problem.  Well, two actually.  You have a bad attitude and you're missing targets.  I mean, you should welcome some assistance and be a nicer person.  Look at the gains I've made personally since I decided to become a perfectly lovely person. 

:whistle:

Christmas card list duly amended...

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/09/2017 at 5:50 PM, schmokinn said:

Your behind it!

I always tell people that they are in front. They seem to appreciate that so much more.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/09/2017 at 1:46 PM, donna said:

Not quite the same but whilst shooting on Sunday phil had a bad stand, on coming out of stand, the guy behind him said "well, that's just f****d your card up", he couldn't believe it (didn't know the guy at all) it completely threw him and then missed a few on next stand as he was still thinking about it. Same guy then said "you was a bit slow on that 'B' bird". Luckily we only had 1 more stand to shoot so we ran to get there before he followed us!!!!

Think my answer would have been it was f****d already and I would probably have been telling the truth

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CharlesP said:

Christmas card list duly amended...

I don't have your addy so please let me know so I can reciprocate.    Being a perfectly lovely person entails so many new social responsibilities that it can be sometimes difficult for me  .:wink:

Edited by Wonko the Sane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now