CPSA Averages and Scores

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sian

I was bored so I went and looked at my averages and scores on the CPSA website and for Greater London I have the greatest number of clays shot followed by Tony followed by Jane and then the rest.  This led me to look at some of the shooters nearer the top of the GLN rankings as I languish on the last page and I focused on one in particular and then looked at that person's averages and scores and for the life of me I cannot see how this person has kept their A class.  I don't want to make this public its not about that but I now see the absolutely ridiculous nature of the system.  Its a crock of sh@t.  Okay that's me done complaining.

Got any tips on how to get into, and stay in, A class with poor scores? I feel I fit the bill nicely! Ha ha

Just shoot two shoots a year!  Actually saying that the person has scores that are not A class scores a few back and is still in A.  Will Hewland I may actually give you the CPSA No in confidence and you can tell me how that happens because it does not make sense to me at all.

Just shoot two shoots a year!  Actually saying that the person has scores that are not A class scores a few back and is still in A.  Will Hewland I may actually give you the CPSA No in confidence and you can tell me how that happens because it does not make sense to me at all.
To go down a class: You can only go down one class per period, (eg AA cannot drop lower than A) regardless of how badly you do. Also, you can only go down, at all, if you have shot at least 300 targets. 

This probably solves the mystery?

Yes I was very bored so went back to issue 42 -  3 shoots which would have put the person in A - I didn't go back further so don't know the history beyond this.

Issue 43 two shoots which were below A class but one would have been thrown out as being under 10%

Issue 44 nothing recorded

Issue 45 one shoot 76/120 = 63.3

Issue 46 two shoots 63.3 and 58

Issue 47 60 and 58 

Issue48 54 and 60

Issue 49 82 and 54

Issue 50 82

Each of those issues carries over a shoot from the last issue.  So that would explain it wouldn't it.   All of these shoots he is listed as A Class.  So there you go crock of sh+t system.

Yes I was very bored so went back to issue 42 -  3 shoots which would have put the person in A - I didn't go back further so don't know the history beyond this.

Issue 43 two shoots which were below A class but one would have been thrown out as being under 10%

Issue 44 nothing recorded

Issue 45 one shoot 76/120 = 63.3

Issue 46 two shoots 63.3 and 58

Issue 47 60 and 58 

Issue48 54 and 60

Issue 49 82 and 54

Issue 50 82

Each of those issues carries over a shoot from the last issue.  So that would explain it wouldn't it.   All of these shoots he is listed as A Class.  So there you go crock of sh+t system.
system is fine. Just looks like he may be playing it to keep bragging rights for A class. A rubbish system would let him go down. You need a good few shoots or it isn't an average. RBSS demand that your average is made up of 500 targets or they dismiss it; so for instance, this fella would be disregarded as non CPSA there!

Also Sian, when you look at those rankings list, you can sort the criteria. Simply select minimum 1000 targets and you get a true picture. 

system is fine. Just looks like he may be playing it to keep bragging rights for A class. A rubbish system would let him go down. You need a good few shoots or it isn't an average. RBSS demand that your average is made up of 500 targets or they dismiss it; so for instance, this fella would be disregarded as non CPSA there!
Well I don't see many A class scores there and the one I do I am capable of that as a C class shooter at that ground. Anyhow it helped time fly at work!!

Will I could put my number of clays in and I would be ranked TOP  :lol:

Btw, if I was in charge, anybody who didn't shoot 500 targets a year I would mark as unclassified again!

Loads of people don't bother to be members now, there are currently 1m shotgun certificate holders in the UK, of which 20,000 belong to the CPSA, I believe BASC membership is currently running at just over 100k but happy to be corrected on that. The CPSA are shocking at marketing themselves or instilling any confidence within the shooting community and are generally regarded as amateurs... go figure!

Will I just had a lot of fun changing the number of clays ????

Loads of people don't bother to be members now, there are currently 1m shotgun certificate holders in the UK, of which 20,000 belong to the CPSA, I believe BASC membership is currently running at just over 100k but happy to be corrected on that. The CPSA are shocking at marketing themselves or instilling any confidence within the shooting community and are generally regarded as amateurs... go figure!
I filed an FOI with the Home Office in 2014. They said the number of certificate holders was 550,000. I believe 1 million is the number of shotguns legally held. 

This doesn't make any difference to the actual point made in the previous post, just a slight change in figures.

78 shoots? You're not even trying compared to one fella I know. 118 Reg shoots this period (since May), plus whatever he shot last weekend.
that does not include open shoots and practice though.

Who is it Will?

The sooner shooters stop looking and worrying about friggin averages the better , they mean bollox all that's nothing !!!!!

sian you have the best approach by travelling to more grounds and destinations than most , keep enjoying it and your average will be a by product of your enjoyment , not the other way around . Here's a fact I'm AAA with 89.5 percent average but can tell you if I shoot sh*te one day I ain't gonna win !!!!! Don't get caught up in all the crap about going to easier commercial style target grounds to munipulate a high percentage it's total bonkers !!!!

Latest posts

Back