BUCS......Ouch

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HDAV

Just followed the link to the BUCS page for the clay shoot at hodnet and this is the image they chose....

image-23780-678-auto-True-True-90-5.jpg

I really hope she doesn't pull the trigger like that!

Last edited by a moderator:
That....for your info ...is a very young Dr Rachel P.

Double Commonwealth Gold medallist DTR.

It obviously was a picture to honour all our humble beginnings....

I can assure you.....she definitely knows how to handle any gun.

With the quantity of people watching ...she was obviously a very good shot back then....because that looks like a shoot off to me...!!

Last edited:
Ha ha ha  egg on face post ! I don't know the lady in question but this is a fine example of never ever judging a book by its cover... and definitely not commenting on the contents of the book until it has been read... or researched.

Just 5 posts long, but could win thread of the year.

A+++++ would ebay again!

How many times have you stood watching someone who looks to be holding the gun completely wrong yet go on to smash all.

But she is not holding it wrong......if for instance it was a typical low flat Frenchie driven...coasting 3ft of the ground...all the way in to you. Gun mounted into your preferred comfort position and head raised a little for vision on the first part of what could have been a very clever target.

It is obvious by looking at her eyes that she is watching the target coming and they are parallel to the barrels and this camera shot could have been a split second before she put head on and took the shot.

Plus Rachel has never been one for crunching head on stock....she shoots with a higher head position than you would think.

Hope that helps some who are looking at the picture in the wrong way.

Last edited:
I didn't mean she was holding it wrong more that to others watching it looked wrong. A friend of mine who I shoot with has the butt on his arm about two inches from his shoulder yet he is an A class shot.

I didn't mean she was holding it wrong more that to others watching it looked wrong. A friend of mine who I shoot with has the butt on his arm about two inches from his shoulder yet he is an A class shot.
:wink: did not mean your post Boston. It was a general comment to the OP .....reason for the post ...

I quote if I reply to a specific person.

Not sure how it looks wrong maybe the stock just looks huge for her could be just the angle of the photo,

The universities shoot is always fun, I believe I'm reffing this year at hodnet, some turn up in fancy dress, some with black powder, some have to be reminded to only load the gun when there actually shooting, it's certainly entertaining, but they all enjoy themselves,

The universities shoot is always fun, I believe I'm reffing this year at hodnet, some turn up in fancy dress, some with black powder, some have to be reminded to only load the gun when there actually shooting, it's certainly entertaining, but they all enjoy themselves,
looks like its at hodnet in the picture Alan. looks like Toms skeet  layout behind with the wooden booth.

Back then they used to have a flush on that layout as part of the competition. It was great fun but the entry figures have swelled so much year on year that they eventually had to ditch the flush and extend the shoot to two days. Which can't be bad news.

I didn't say the person pictured was a naff shot but and did say i hoped she didn't pull the trigger with her head there. If it works for her then great certainly not a traditional head position. Some of the ladies shooting in the CG had unusual mounts (was she one of them?)  and they are some ofthe best in the world...may be to be the best you have ingore the rule book?

I didn't say the person pictured was a naff shot but and did say i hoped she didn't pull the trigger with her head there. If it works for her then great certainly not a traditional head position. Some of the ladies shooting in the CG had unusual mounts (was she one of them?)  and they are some ofthe best in the world...may be to be the best you have ingore the rule book?

Just wanted to give you some factual info....if you read it again it will suggest to you that her head will have been on the stock at the time of the shot. The picture was taken in the run up to the shot. You can tell that, as there is no smoke coming out of the barrels. It is just one moment in time.

I hope it helps.

Just wanted to give you some factual info....if you read it again it will suggest to you that her head will have been on the stock at the time of the shot. 
I hope so! That was the point i was making

Did she shoot at the glasgow games?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back