favour from DT11 owners

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dibs

my mate has a DT11 and only put a few hundred carts through it. On the underside of the barrels it has a groove across the barrel through the bluing which is being caused by the receiver opening onto the barrels. I wondered if any DT11 owners would mind having a look on their guns to see if they have the same mark on their guns from use.

He has two different opinions from the trade - one says normal wear and the other it isn't right.

cheers

Dibs

Get it checked out professionally ..!!

There should be no dints in barrels (for whatever reason). Surfaces scratches although not nice are different issue.

I understand the walls are thinner on the DTL ....so any obvious 'dents' need checking out.

IMHO.

Havent got one so cant check but it doesn't sound right to me, sounds as though the barrel is opening to far.

Unless the mark is being caused during assembly or dismantling ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure its not due to assembly as i am unconvinced its a manufacture defect ?

Thanks all for your replies. Some pics of the mark were sent to GMK who said it was normal wear and tear! It was shown to a long standing reputable gunsmith who said it isn't right so the two different opinions.

Will be a shocker if GMK are fobbing him off on a 5.5k gun - saying that any gun they sell!

cheers

Dibs

Ips

no not assembly in my opinion from looking as too deep - it's the edge of the receiver impacting the barrel on opening and gouging into the barrel.

Well in that case it Defo isn't right. Surface wear ok but a deep mark past the blacking into the steal cannot be acceptable.

The mark on the barrel is the indentation which you can catch your fingernail in depth wise and you can see on the receiver the scuff where it is touching.http://www.shootclayforum.com/uploads/monthly_04_2014/post-651-0-70621100-1398068844.jpghttp://www.shootclayforum.com/uploads/monthly_04_2014/post-651-0-94177100-1398068835.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 0
The Gape is too big. Back to a gunsmith. Pronto.

If you have ANY issue with your gun get it checked out by a competent gunsmith. DO NOT rely on the gunclub 'expert'.

My DT11 has a tiny mark like that, 1/4 of the size, almost two years and nearly 10k shells through it, as Salopian says, gape is too big, GMK can be a bit clueless at times!!!

I did not like the sound of it.

I did not like the picture.

And after a friend of mine (World Champion) just lost two fingers in a barrel explosion.....I personally would not fire it.

If GMK say it is ok....then get it in writing with the clear understanding that you will sue their ass if it later blows the barrels and causes any injury to you.

I would ask for an exchange....if they are happy with it...they can keep it.

....just saying.

cheers all. A shame he had a GMK fob off!! I didn't think it looked right.

Just looked at mine and same line is there but it's not a grove just some of the bluing removed and it's from disassembling the gun I wouldn't worry about it, but if your friend is not happy he should keep at them and putting this on a forum is a good way of doing it

A trip back to the dealers this week I reckon to be sure!

what's the story Nicola with your friend and the fingers???

Latest posts

Back