MK38 or 525

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7iain7

I know this has been covered quite a lot.

I owned an mk38 30" sporter then regrettably sold it.

My question is does anyone have experience of shooting these two guns, does the vented barrels of the 525 make it feel very different to the solid rib of mk38 sporter, which was your preferred gun?

atb iain   

I've not shot an mk38 sporter 30", but I've shot a miroku 7000 30" and a 525 sporter 32" so I've got a decent handle on them both. The 525 Barrels are certainly lighter and less muzzle heavy, if looking at 525's make sure it's the invector plus system, they were lighter than the standard invector.

The 30" 7000 I used to shoot a bit was very muzzle heavy and took a fair bit of moving. The 32" 525 I had was an absolute delight to use, loved it to pieces, mounted and moved a lot better than the miroku. It's worth giving one a look.

I doubt if the metal in the ribs makes much of a difference , the full Miroku rib finishes just behind the fore end anyway . I’ve shot both the mk38 Sporter and a standard 525 invector ,  I preferred the 525 , the MK38 felt a bit numb .  I prefer the  fixed choke MK38 trap to both , as it doesn’t have the swage at the end of the barrels to accommodate factory multichokes . They handle really nicely . A used 38 trap that’s been Teagued is a great gun .  But as always it’s what shoots best for you . 

525 sporter 1 or 2 . Adjustable comb and  trigger. 32" Invector +. 

Job done. Shoot it forever. Clay , game, whatever.  All the gun anyone ever needs. 

Jasper. 

525 sporter 1 or 2 . Adjustable comb and  trigger. 32" Invector +. 

Job done. Shoot it forever. Clay , game, whatever.  All the gun anyone ever needs. 

Jasper. 
Totally agree plus Browning are steel proofed. 525 wins all hands down for me. Recently bought the new525sl edition with trap forend, very happy.

Latest posts

Back