Browning B525 SL

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AW13

Anyone have any experience of shooting one. I'm tempted, it seems to get very good reviews and there's no blacking to rub off...

I liked it a lot. I think it handles better than a standard 525. I went with the Ultra xs pro myself. Some love the laminate, some hate it. 

im a serial gun changer , ive had a laminate 525 they are superb to shoot , and wipe down a treat when wet , check out lloyd pattison review   !!!   

so why did you sell it?

and is your new gun any better?
im now on the 725 slimmed down wood and palm swell  with the ds chokes ,  shoots sweet  weighs 8lb 12 oz      one thing i do like the top lever on 725 s  are so much smoother to open as oposed to the 525 s ?     ive had about 4 guns since the 525 sl      im trying to come across the majic wand ! 😜

I've had a 32" one for about 18 months, I prefer it to the standard 525 as it is a bit heavier at 8lb 3oz and a bit more weight between the hands, l also wanted an adjustable comb but the sporter one adjustable has a beaver tail forend which I don't like, bought second hand for £1600 (not dr lecters though) 😉

I almost bought one, but Browning don't make a trap forend for them. A friend has one that I shoot every now and then.

It'll last forever and the shot comes out the front. They're almost bombproof guns. The laminate is a treat if you have to worry about wet and muck, but as it's more than just wood (its vacuum infused with resin or so) dings and scratches aren't easy to restore (if at all).

After looking at one again today I have decided not to buy the SL, very good gun know doubt but the finish is a bit too edgy for this slightly traditional old man 

They are making a non-grey laminate 525, which I think is called the laminate “Game” or so. Wood is the actual colour of wood, but as its still laminate it has a different look to traditional walnut. Personally I don’t mind ‘edgy’ as long as the clays break, but to each his own. 

Latest posts

Back