B725 black wear

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AW13

I have a B725 Black Edition and noticed today that the blacking is wearing off around the trigger guard and the bottom right hand edge of the action.

The gun was bought in November 2019 and is very well looked after. I don't use any chemicals other than Legia cleaner and oil. I don't wear gloves apart from the coldest of days. I guess it has shot roughly 3,000 cartridges.

Can anyone advise whether this is expected wear or possibly unusual before I consult Browning or the gun shop I bought it from.

My husband has one. There is hardly any black left on the underside of the action. It rubs off pretty quickly.

Hmm, not good, goes against my gun OCD 😐

I expected it to last like other gun makes I have with a black action.

Good luck with Browning, I never did get a reply from them about a query and that wasn't even about a problem with their stuff

Not much beats Nickel or Chrome for it's wear resistance. 

Nickel & Chrome is more difficult to do since the banning of Trichloroethylene.

I think a lot of manufactures would love to Black all there guns. 

I used to cold chemical black tooling years ago, it always wore off within weeks.

I quite like to see user wear on the blacking of guns, I think it tells a story.

Found very little reported on the web regarding the blacking wearing off, think I will contact Browning tomorrow and see what they say.

Let us know what their contact number is on here as its generally a complete ballache to find if you don't already have it! 🙄👍🏻
I'll put my detective skills to work in the morning and report back....... wish me luck

Well BWM Arms ltd 01235 514562 are the importers I belive, but whether they will deal direct I'm not sure, as they seem to only communicate with dealers by what I have heard

Good at shows with the goods but that's as far as they want to go with Joe public, now if it was a CG you'd have no problem 😉

Good luck

Been out all day, and tomorrow, I'll try and call them on Thursday.

I have emailed their HO to see if they can provide me with a contact but I suspect the answer will be "contact your supplying dealer" which I don't mind doing if necessary, I would just prefer to talk to the manufacturer whenever there's a warranty query and not someone further down the chain if you see what I mean.

You'll have to go through whoever you purchased it from, as that is technically who your contract is with. Pretty sure BWM won't deal with anyone from Joe public. I've had a few small warranty claims and they've always been spot on, last one was a couple of months ago and gun was back inside a week. If you get it sent back make sure the gun is exactly as it was sold, any alterations to the gun and they won't touch it.

You'll have to go through whoever you purchased it from, as that is technically who your contract is with. Pretty sure BWM won't deal with anyone from Joe public. I've had a few small warranty claims and they've always been spot on, last one was a couple of months ago and gun was back inside a week. If you get it sent back make sure the gun is exactly as it was sold, any alterations to the gun and they won't touch it.
I suspect I will have to go via the dealer.

The gun is still original, no changes at all

Latest posts

Back