Zoli Kronos Sporter

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes but suppose you did have the money, I'd want to research and see which maker to make that appointment with. Besides I'm sure there are a few dozen idle rich foreign gents who'd order over the phone if they could see the ruddy things. :cool: :D
Very true, Crown prince Azziz would like 25 of your finest guns for presents at his upcoming luncheon :.: certainly not beyond the realms of imagination :eek:

The power of a good website certainly works wonders for trade.

While not a manufacturers site,Derek Lee's website displays the actual guns for sale,not just a gun of that type.

The quality of the images is such that they display any blemishes there may be but you can also ask for more detailed images.

I have been in his shop on a couple of occasions when 'phone customers have bought guns on the basis of the images and the help supplied by the sales staff.

Vic.

Last edited by a moderator:
The power of a good website certainly works wonders for trade.

While not a manufacturers site,Derek Lee's website displays the actual guns for sale,not just a gun of that type.

The quality of the images is such that they display any blemishes there may be but you can also ask for more detailed images.

I have been in his shop on a couple of occasions when 'phone customers have bought guns on the basis of the images and the help supplied by the sales staff.

Vic.
I did so myself Vic :) , took me literally all of 3 minutes to do the deal as he'd already done the hard work in his accurate advertising.

That's the thing Vic. It can be done, it is being done and it's not technically difficult. Every other type of business from someone selling tent poles on fleaBay to AstraZeneca can build and run a decent modern, working, useful website so why can't the likes of GMK or Edgar Brothers. I just cannot get my head round why they're so secretive about the specs and the useful details like stock drop or options for adjustable combs, forend profiles and whatnot. In recent years I've twice been through the process of buying a brand new gun and both times I had to devote much time and effort to finding out all the details so that I could then tell the dealers what I required.

Utterly bonkers. Most of them wouldn't survive a month in a real world business environment.

I have a Kronos 32" sporter, was undecided on a DT10 at the time I bought it - and so glad I did, it's been with me now for 6 years. Found the gun well balanced and very pointable - have still got it, but have currently switched to a 682. Got it from the Fawcetts, and have to say they were really great with me, I needed some slight modifications that they took care of (gun was too tight to open and I dented the stock - oops) and they have sent me some items over the years too. Was dissappointed when Zoli moved to Edgar brothers - however, am hoping that the move improves the base for Zoli - they are great guns.

Also managed to 'aquire' two extended 3/8" chokes for free from the Zoli rep in the US - and shoot those all of the time - great pattern, and can kill at a fair distance!

Well I shot the Zoli again today at long last :cool: , unfortunately the smith didn't do everything I asked bar the important stuff namely the mid rib is no more! The balance is still somewhat nose heavy compared to my 682e but miles better than before, the proof of the pudding is that I no longer really notice it.

Started off really poorly with an 8 then a 6 off the tower birds, basically dropping stuff everywhere on the first 5 stands before suddenly clicking with the tempo and ended up with 2 away off the last 5 good stands. The breaks with flush 1/2 and 3/4 are too fierce compared to most chokes I can recollect, it just has to be throwing super tight, POI is superb judging with the two close pattern plate shots I took though. It's a really enjoyable gun to shoot, I got it mainly as a pigeon gun so we'll see how it does at a later date. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I shot the Zoli again today at long last :cool: , unfortunately the smith didn't do everything I asked bar the important stuff namely the mid rib is no more! The balance is still somewhat nose heavy compared to my 682e but miles better than before, the proof of the pudding is that I no longer really notice it.

Started off really poorly with an 8 then a 6 off the tower birds, basically dropping stuff everywhere on the first 5 stands before suddenly clicking with the tempo and ended up with 2 away off the last 5 good stands. The breaks with flush 1/2 and 3/4 are too fierce compared to most chokes I can recollect, it just has to be throwing super tight, POI is superb judging with the two close pattern plate shots I took though. It's a really enjoyable gun to shoot, I got it mainly as a pigeon gun so we'll see how it does at a later date. :)
Do you have a picture of the Zoli?

Do you have a picture of the Zoli?

Here's the Zoli Sport Z-Extra, 12g, 32-inch, multi-choke (external):

z_extra.gif

And here's the Zoli Kronos Sport, 12g, 29.5-inch, multi-choke:

kronos.gif

Hope that helps :)

Latest posts

Back