Shotgun License and partners depression

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark H,

Unless your wife and son hold SGC and share your storage you are in breech of the terms of having a shotgun certificate.

No none certificate holder should have access to the keys to a firearms cabinet.

Zoe ,

Join BASC, you have not broken any laws, the Constabulary have no reason to revoke your licence, there has been no 'incident' so if you are a member of BASC,  if and when you require their services, as a member you will be entitled to assistance from the relevant department. I agree that you cannot or should not be entitled to representation retrospectively, but as I say you haven't done anything wrong and I do think that (pardon the unintended pun) someone has jumped the gun.
Salop,

He said they know where they are, but it is a locked box and they, presumably, do not have the combination therefoe no access so no problem.

Ok guys, the very latest.  I spoke to my husbands mental health nurse who said he never emailed anyone and he is not required to to do so by law.  He told me he had no concerns at all about me holding a shotgun in the house, he felt I was more than capable of keeping the thing safe.

So this now boils down to some malicious bas***d and of course without them disclosing the informant I am stuffed.

Thanks Liz I am going to take the gun to my friend and we are going to "share" it.  She gives me lessons so that seems fare.  She will put it on her license as well as it being on mine.  Thanks for the heads up on the solicitor  :biggrin:

I am going to stick to my guns (so to speak) and tell him I am a BACS member and have taken advise and I am refusing to voluntarily give up my certificate.

I am off to join BACS now.

Thanks again to everyone that took the time to reply.  I am so very grateful as you can imagine this is just a drain on me at I time I don't need it.
As Saolp said, there has been no incident so the police really have no reason to recind your certificate.

Definately stand your ground.  This may well just be some over zealous FEO trying to score points with his boss, when really the way to do that would be to visit more applicants rather than harass existing holders.

Good luck and keep us informed, we're all behind you.

Thank you PhilS  I am now a member of BASC so will tell him that when he calls to arrange my appointment and that I will need to get advise from them before I can make any comment.

Hopefully that will scare him into not bothering but then who knows.

I will keep you all informed as without your advise I would probably just handed it over and hoped for the best!  Oh how knowledge is power hahaha!

Mark H,

Unless your wife and son hold SGC and share your storage you are in breech of the terms of having a shotgun certificate.

No none certificate holder should have access to the keys to a firearms cabinet.

Zoe ,

Join BASC, you have not broken any laws, the Constabulary have no reason to revoke your licence, there has been no 'incident' so if you are a member of BASC,  if and when you require their services, as a member you will be entitled to assistance from the relevant department. I agree that you cannot or should not be entitled to representation retrospectively, but as I say you haven't done anything wrong and I do think that (pardon the unintended pun) someone has jumped the gun.
Even though only i know the code for the key press?

Mark H,

Zoe ,

Even though only i know the code for the key press?
So long as they don't have access to the key(s) you're fine.

Sent from my Desire HD using tapatalk 2

Update.

The gun has gone to my coach tonight, it is on both our certificates with a covering letter saying it is shared.will bi in the post tommorrow.

Think I am covered if anything kicks off now

Thank you all again, I will let you all know of any news

Good luck mate im sure everything will work out fine. ...you're still shooting

Update.

The gun has gone to my coach tonight, it is on both our certificates with a covering letter saying it is shared.will bi in the post tommorrow.

Eminently sensible and now hopefully you can pursue your hobby without let or hindrance from the police

Another route is to call John Batley at the Gun Trade Assoc, he will certainly help in this matter. It is a trade body, but John is very helpful in this and it is in their interest too that this is dealt with right and does not set any form of precedence. The number is found on the GTA website.

Update.

Don't forget to send notification to your firearms authority as well

If you have spoken to Mike or Bill at BASC then John might already know as they sit on BSSC together.

Well its saturday night and all is well, not heard another word!  No call from local FAO as the firearms manager said she was going to ask him to contact me.  My notification of the change is recorded delivery and on its way!

I have not contacted BASC again since my initial call, I figured I would wait and see what the police's next move was going to be.  Maybe the mention of BASC was enough.

xxxx

Very latest update.  Had an appointment to meet with the local FO who is a decent chap, he said an email was sent to them from someone (grassed up then) he claims its up to the boss but he cant see any reason, they are twitchy because of some recent incident but that was the certificate holder not a relative.  He said they wrote to my GP who has no concerns whatsoever so things are looking up.

I did inform him I was a BASC member and they would support me and so he is well aware I wont take any shananagins!

Thanks again you have all been very helpful.

xxxx

Very latest update.  Had an appointment to meet with the local FO who is a decent chap, he said an email was sent to them from someone (grassed up then) he claims its up to the boss but he cant see any reason, they are twitchy because of some recent incident but that was the certificate holder not a relative.  He said they wrote to my GP who has no concerns whatsoever so things are looking up.

I did inform him I was a BASC member and they would support me and so he is well aware I wont take any shananagins!

Thanks again you have all been very helpful.

xxxx
Excellent news!

Gun on its way home soon hopefully.....

Sent from my Desire HD using tapatalk 2

Good news indeed - hope this all gets resolved quickly and efficiently.

Back