Riddle me ree

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiptop

Ok everybody.

We've all been following it this week but have we been paying attention. SO here's a couple of curve ball questions for you to answer.

1. How can you win something you have not qualified for?

AND.

2. What is missing?............it's not just the 'Ghost squad' that disappeared.

Just some observations.

You'll have to expand a bit on this.

Are we talking that contrived losd of nonsense on TV on Saturday called the XFactor.. Or sommat else?

Last edited by a moderator:
The greatest spectacle on earth(well in Britain anyway), in the shooting world. :smile:

To me, to you.

I just hope they got the results right for the other internationally significant clay shooting event that took place yesterday.  They're not getting my Kent and Sussex Clubman League trophy back unless they pry it from my cold, dead hands.  (Is there a tongue in cheek emoticon anywhere?)

Would someone on here care to expand on all the bollox and simplify it so a simple sole like can understand wtf is going on.

I'm presuming it is the fact that the CPSA website was showing someone winning B class in the final who had got the lowest B class score during the qualifying round.  It has changed now.  There may have been other issues that tiptop was alluding to, but this one was obvious from a cursory glance at the scores.

Would someone on here care to expand on all the bollox and simplify it so a simple sole like can understand wtf is going on.
yes i agree Rosso.  :D  .

i am at a loss on something else here,, an old friend of mine from SA, ,Ian Grimmbacher, qualified for the sunday shoot,, (which even George Digweed said on his FB page) and his score and place has disappeared on friday ? so  any idea,,, or is it being non GB person,, ? as some here seem incensed that `foreigners`take part ?

It would be helpful if Tiptop said what he was on about, instead of all the snide comments.

I have worked out the answer ,so as not to spoil the game,a good clue would be to look at team qualifiying scores.

Forgot to add this brit open was the best i have ever gone to and is a massive step forward with the final day having a great atmosphere  although i went early as i felt bad all week and my low scores didnt help,if there is issues im sure they will be ironed out in the future,perfection  is hard to get.

I wasn't there but from what I can work out somebody who I've never met has gone from shooting like me in qualifying (not well) but still getting a place on finals day and then shooting a cracking score to match and beat some of the top shots. Fair play to him. He was originally showing as winning B class but is now showing as coming 2nd in vets. It just seems a little strange.

As a slight aside to this burning question, but along the same lines..........

Aaron Harvey (at this point I will make it clear I don't know him or think anyone should necessarily stand up for him, I'm sure he's able to do this, but it is to illustrate a point I made earlier) shot the equal highest score in the 75 bird final along with the eventual winner. In my book that should make him second overall, but read on.

He (A.H.) now has to win the shoot for a second time, (or is it third now?) all be it with his score of 68 added to his shoot off totals, but he ends up in third place and wins 250 cartridges (according to the CPSA website).

Now, if he had stayed in his lettered class (AA) he would have won the "Hatsun", which I presume to be a "Hatsan" shotgun, as the highest scoring AA shooter. Certainly worth more than the cost of 250 cartridges.

Is he gutted, you'll have to ask him, but I think he's been shafted!

What do you think?

Personally I cannot and would not compete under these rules. They are so obviously focussed on the "upper eschelon" of shooters that the ordinary guy or girl on a lucky streak would never stand a look in. Fixed or what?

In my opinion, all this changed after Robert Calton, then only 16 or 17? in 1982 won the British. I remember clearly at the time there was much sour grapes that the established "names" had had their Championship taken from them by some young upstart. Not taking anything away from Robert Calton who must have shot out of his skin that day, but that was the last time an unexpected shooter won the British.

As for the "Super Final" concept being set ridiculously hard, with scores into the 30's ex 75! Demoralising, devastating or plain disgusting? What is that all about? No need Course Setters, no need! But I will tell you what it's all about. Set really hard you will never get a "lesser" shooter hit many with any consistency, but the tops boys and girls, (who shoot this sort of thing and rightly so to be ready for anything) will always rise to the top, again, reserving "their" championship for themselves.

Conspiracy theory? You work it out.

Latest posts

Back