Practice grounds where you can set the targets?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

altnipper

Anyone know of anywhere in the South West where the shooter is able to either set the target or change position in relation to the trap, ie walk closer/further away. Without having to have a lesson. I just want somewhere I can go and concentrate on a particular target and change it by moving myself, rather than rock up and have to shoot it from a particular stand. Does anywhere do this?  

Sorry, not my manor, but AC Sporting targets at Northolt do it. Very handy for that odd troublesome target.. Far better than shooting a round. Finding somewhere will be a good plan.

I don't think that anywhere would allow a shooter to adjust a trap?

Potentially quite dangerous ie lose a finger fire a clay through club house etc. ....

Little far, just looked them up on bingle, how do they not get complaints, looks like they are in the middle of town backing onto a housing estate.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think that anywhere would allow a shooter to adjust a trap?

Potentially quite dangerous ie lose a finger fire a clay through club house etc. ....
ha,yeah I meant really me moving, I wouldn't trust me with a trap either.

Where I practice, if there is a particular bird I want to shoot I ask them and low and behold the following week they put it on for me

At Fenwicks at Claxby in Lincolnshire, they have a high tower with a ball trap on it with left/right and up/down adjustment from the remote, or you can set it to automatic osolate. Very handy for practise as long as you want driven or crossers from up high or a one man flush.

Back