Nicknames Glasgow Characters (I dont know if this true)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosso

Some nicknames that have been given to Glasgow characters by their friends and workmates:

"Two Soups"
his real name is Campbell Baxter.
"The Colostomy" - the girlfriend of a married man (i.e. the wee bag on the side).

"The Boomerang Kid" - whenever anyone at work asks a question, he always replies:
' I'll get back to you on that. '

"The Parachute" - lets everyone down at the last minute.

"Vaseline" - his real name is Willie Burns.
"Rembrandt" - loves saying to colleagues:
' Let me put you in the picture...'

"Bo Derek" - a chap called Derek with terrible body odour.

"The Genie" - magically appears whenever anyone opens a bottle.

"Dulux" - his pals reckon he's only got one coat.

"Soapy" - washes his hands of any problems that crop up..

"The Yeti" - always on the sick.
Many unconfirmed sightings of this guy, but nobody can prove he actually exists.

"The Gas Man" - he's serviced loads of old boilers.

"The Hostage" - when anyone asks for help he always replies: 'Sorry, my hands are tied.'

"The Olympic Flame" - he never goes out!

Some nicknames that have been given to Glasgow characters by their friends and workmates:

"Two Soups"

his real name is Campbell Baxter.

"The Colostomy" - the girlfriend of a married man (i.e. the wee bag on the side).

"The Boomerang Kid" - whenever anyone at work asks a question, he always replies:

' I'll get back to you on that. '

"The Parachute" - lets everyone down at the last minute.

"Vaseline" - his real name is Willie Burns.

"Rembrandt" - loves saying to colleagues:

' Let me put you in the picture...'

"Bo Derek" - a chap called Derek with terrible body odour.

"The Genie" - magically appears whenever anyone opens a bottle.

"Dulux" - his pals reckon he's only got one coat.

"Soapy" - washes his hands of any problems that crop up..

"The Yeti" - always on the sick.

Many unconfirmed sightings of this guy, but nobody can prove he actually exists.

"The Gas Man" - he's serviced loads of old boilers.

"The Hostage" - when anyone asks for help he always replies: 'Sorry, my hands are tied.'

"The Olympic Flame" - he never goes out!
Brilliant.

Got introduced to a plasterer in Glasgow called Dulux, he got the name because he's as tight as a coat of paint!!!

Worked with a giant of a man who was slightly unhinged called "MASHER". Never felt comfortable when he was in the same room as me big twitchy fecker with a nickname like that makes you worry. Turns out the nickname stems from the fact his mum still mashed his dinner for him..

Used to play pool in a pub against a guy called 'Towbar' and can confirm a chap with the very unfortunate nickname of 'Pe nis' from a costal town outside of Edinburgh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Know a chap whose nickname is 'Icecream' but for the life of me cannot remember why ?

What this space

Another chap I know is called 'Crime' as in 'doesn't pay'.

DT

There are some great nicknames given (not by me i might add) to leaders of our NGB's

We have a couple of 'chocolate fire guards'. :wink:

One was referred to by most of the board as 'jelly back'.

One of our 'leaders' referred to another climber as 'Major Disaster'

Then there is 'Teflon', 'Oil Slick', 'England', 'Bouncer', 'Oxfam', 'Sleepy', 'FFS', 'Crier', 'paper bag coach', ....oh the list goes on.....

I never actually gave anyone a nickname as I could not tie down my sentiments accurately enough... :wink:

Another guy i worked with was called "TIMESHARE" i naively thought because he owned a holiday home. Not so turns out he was a bit thick and they said he shar ed his braincells with someone else and it was never his month to have them. His alternate nickname was "LOGGO" as in as thick as.:p

I know a lorry driver called "Bigfoot".

Not really a nickname though as he has size 17 feet (and he's only 5'10" tall)  

His claim to fame is he's never been blown over in a wind!    :biggrin:

Tony works with a Dogs Bo**ocks who now does not recognise his own name when called and a Cod Eyes

I know of someone called flip because she has no big toe on one foot so she can only flop.

Another called Funbus because he got run over by the special need bus.

Biker mate many years ago called

"Broad as long"

He was about five foot if that but built like the proverbial out house and mean as F... Only man I ever witnessed pick a bloke up with one hand by the neck during an argy bargy in a very rough rock club in Wigan. Whilst said bloke attempted to plead for mercy his feet could be seen dangling like he was on the gallows.

I knew a site agent that we nicknamed BIFFA.  He thought it was great and that we all thought he was a real hard nut.  Little did he know that is stood for Big Ignorant F**ker From Amey.

Latest posts

Back