Low recoil cartridges required

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V8 90

I'm after some recommendations for cartridges with low recoil - I'm recovering from an operation that has kept me away from shooting for several weeks - I have the Lincolnshire ABT selection/championship looming on Easter Sunday - daren't use my usual Pro one 8's due to the recoil - I've considered Hull CompX but unsure if the "soft" shot would be up to it ? Also considered Cheddite Oro's in 24g

So what do you recommend ?

theres nothing a compx won't kill seem like the obvious choice to me!

I've shot 24gm Oro's and they were quite soft on the shoulder with very good results.

I've shot CompX a few times but didn't really feel any confidence in them because of the low recoil (kept checking the barrels as they felt/sounded duff), they broke the targets alright tho!. I may just be one of those numptys that thinks that if a cartridge hits me hard then it must do the same to the target, it could be all in the mind and quite probably is!. (Ely VIP Trap is my regular cartridge).

theres nothing a compx won't kill seem like the obvious choice to me!
Do you think they'd be up to ABT ? I tried Superfasts last year when I. Started shooting & found them quite punchy

Martin at Nuthampstead got me into RC2s 24g. Fab things. Can't feel 'em and I am Queen of the 21g cartridge. I liked them so much I tried RCs for pigeon shooting and hardly felt them either. The RCs worked for OT.

Can get them at Beverly to try - thanks Liz ;) I'll try the Oro's too & some CompX - shoot 100 practice different brand for each layout eh

Yes - but didn't really notice any difference to Pro ones but I was in good health then - I may notice the difference now, I've got 50 in stock, will give em a try when I'm up to going - Thanks

Hull Pro fibre 24g are very good,currently favour Cheddite Universal 24g coz they`re £50 per K cheaper and do the job just the same !

Seems like you and I are in the same fix

I have had a shoulder operation in January and will not be shooting for a while yet,

but posted for the forums advise on the witch cartridge would be the softest but hard hitting 24g load

I had quite a response but obviously I've not been able to try them out myself yet.

One of the suggestions was from Amster, he suggested 24g pro ones 8s. Well a friend of mine whom also has recoil problems gave them a try - we all know pro ones are hard hitting but he claims thay are really soft,the hits did not seem any different to 28g.

Dave

Quick update - Shot 25/75 DTL & 23 ABT today at Bev only shot 1 layout of each as a test ahead of Sunday's ABT.

Cheddite Oro 24g 7.5 - kill wise I couldn't tell the difference between my Pro one 8's recoil was much less & £203/1000

CompX 21g 7.5 - Very low recoil as anticipated - I used them in the top barrel for shooting bits on the DTL , they broke the bits ok

Thanks for the input - I'm gonna stick with the Cheddite Trap Oro 7.5 24g for now

Latest posts

Back