Just started my journey

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chiz

Afternoon only had my license for 6 months and been clay banging with success with my browning 425 and really enjoying it
Im looking at where and how I can find info about pigeon shooting in and around Hampshire and surrounding areas thanks in advance

Hi Chiz,

You could do a lot worse than checking out the CPSA club directory on their website: https://www.cpsa.co.uk/clubs

You can search by your postcode or by region. If you live near Bisley, you could come along to the National Clay Shooting Centre (my own stomping ground) - there's Trap, Skeet and Sporting layouts along with the Long Siberia "pay and play" layout.

This is not the best place to find live woodpigeon shooting near you. It is possibly worth joining some of the facebook groups but in all honesty, you have to put in the miles and countless hours chatting to farmers where pigeon are proving to be a pest. Good luck as there will be a vast number of guys wanting the same as you.
Phil

You need to be shown the ropes by an experienced pigeon shooter , a lot will be very protective of their shooting permissions .

One way into the inner circle is to become a beater on a local shoot . Get yourself known , most of the beaters and dog guys will be in a network of like minded shooting people where opportunity for you to tag along can arise . It would almost certainly get you a beaters day , and on smaller self keepered shoots opportunities to help the keeper with pest control if you’re keen enough .

There are professional pigeon guides who’ll take you out for a day ( at a cost ) , that might also be a good way to see if you really like pigeon shooting before committing a small fortune to decoys , nets , magnets , etc .

Back